+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

TonyT's Mock (Post Bowl, Pre-Combine, Pre-Free Agency)

Ok, I have hemmed and hawed back and forth if I was going to post my mock drafts this year. Ok I am basing most of my picks not only on need, but of value(hopefully). I have seen some of these guys play moreso than others. I have also taken into account other posters info, videos and input etc. when it comes to the pros and cons of draft prospects. And I cant forget to give some credit to the articles from different sports analysts/writers/prognosticators. I have tried to roll all of that into my first post-bowl, pre-combine, pre-free agency amateur mock.

I may have some guys ranked too low or too high, so please feel free to throw the constructive criticism my way. I do appreciate the input. I probably will submit another in a couple days, since I was back and forth on rankings and/or players and positions.

Rd 1. Arthur Brown LB Kansas St
    Rd 2. Kawann Short DT Purdue
    Rd 3. Travis Federick OG/C Wisconsin
    Rd 4. Darius Slay CB Miss St
    Rd 5. Nick Kasa TE Colorado
    Rd 6. Quanterus Smith DE Western KY
    Rd 7. Zac Stacy RB Vandy
    Last edited by tonyt830; 02-18-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

could be a little early for Brown.. but I'd being doing back flips for this draft

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    could be a little early for Brown.. but I'd being doing back flips for this draft
    Yeah after reading the news on Ogletree today, I am leaning more towards Brown or Greene. Maybe we can trade back in the 1st to get Brown or if the Giants went D-line or O-line in Rd 1, we can grab Greene in Rd 2.
    -Vince Lombardi

I figure with the way the NFL offenses are evolving some(pistol and read option offenses), I figured Arthur Brown would be a good add to our D.

Short, dont know if he will be there in the 2nd rd, could be that added dimension that Reese was hoping with from Austin at DT.

Frederick looks to be another solid O-linemen from Wisconsin, and coule be a LG for us if we lose Boothe to FA, or maybe take over for Snee when the time comes?

Slay did not get the attention that Banks got at Mississippi St, but could be of good value in the 4th.

I may have Kasa ranked too high and would have put him in the 6th rd, but I did not think Qunaterus Smith would go in the 5th after coming off the ACL tear, but who knows.

And I have seen a lot of Zac Stacy down here in Tennessee, and would be a nice darkhorse in the 7th rd for us?
    Last edited by tonyt830; 02-18-2013 at 09:54 PM.
    -Vince Lombardi

yea.. in most of my mocks I have either Greene or Brown in the 2nd.. but with the Ogletree news, these 2 might move up some

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    yea.. in most of my mocks I have either Greene or Brown in the 2nd.. but with the Ogletree news, these 2 might move up some
    well if Im wrong and we can get Brown in the 2nd, that would be icing on the cake. I guess the unknown with free agency is what makes it harder to predict and mock a draft.

I would be all for Lane Johnson or Fisher, at 19, if we were fortunate enough for 1 of them to be there at that point. Then we can go LB, DT or CB in the 2nd and 3rd rds.
    -Vince Lombardi

Banned
    We're not getting a LB in round one. Reese doesn't even look at them. Akeem Ayers in 2010 said he was shocked that the Giants didn't even talk to him and were one of the few that ignored him. We don't draft LBs early. Our dline and secondary are thin again we're not going for a LB first.

However letting Kawann slide to the 2nd makes up for it. Actually Kawann and Brown should be reversed but we still have far too many needs. If we don't go CB early then we have to rely on Webster again. I don't want to do that.

I don't think that the Giants will take a LB in the first now that Ogeltree has proven that he is an absolute moron. The value just isn't there at #19.

I see Ansah, OL or DT in the first

I love the "Zac Stacy RB Vandy" pick

Kid looks like a real monster. Played tough at Vandy. plays low and fast. Reminds me of Ray Rice. short and compact with great lateral quickness to go along with pistons for legs. Would love to see him in blue

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    I love the "Zac Stacy RB Vandy" pick

Kid looks like a real monster. Played tough at Vandy. plays low and fast. Reminds me of Ray Rice. short and compact with great lateral quickness to go along with pistons for legs. Would love to see him in blue
    Yeah I would be ok with him in the 7th. I watched a lot of Vandy games living in SEC country. I would have no problem with him in the 6th or 7th rd. I would like to see some more competition in camp.
    -Vince Lombardi