+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TonyT's Mock (Post Bowl, Pre-Combine, Pre-Free Agency)

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    I love the "Zac Stacy RB Vandy" pick

Kid looks like a real monster. Played tough at Vandy. plays low and fast. Reminds me of Ray Rice. short and compact with great lateral quickness to go along with pistons for legs. Would love to see him in blue
    Yeah I would be ok with him in the 7th. I watched a lot of Vandy games living in SEC country. I would have no problem with him in the 6th or 7th rd. I would like to see some more competition in camp.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I love Travis in your mock draft but theres no way he lasts for us in the 3 rd.
    Yeah I hear Frederick has been on the rise per some mocks/analysts. I was torn with my first few picks and probably am off on my 1st 3.

Personally I like what I see from Frederick moreso than Wagner. Wagner did not look good in the Senior Bowl. I guess a lot could change in all of our mocks, especially after the combine and after FA starts. If we lose Beatty, I would love to see Johnson or Fisher in the 1st rd, but Fisher may be a long shot at 19, but who knows.
    -Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    We're not getting a LB in round one. Reese doesn't even look at them. Akeem Ayers in 2010 said he was shocked that the Giants didn't even talk to him and were one of the few that ignored him. We don't draft LBs early. Our dline and secondary are thin again we're not going for a LB first.

However letting Kawann slide to the 2nd makes up for it. Actually Kawann and Brown should be reversed but we still have far too many needs. If we don't go CB early then we have to rely on Webster again. I don't want to do that.
    I am all for a CB early. I was torn with 1st and 2nd rd picks in my mock. I would not mind a guy like Rhodes, Trufant, Poyer in rds 1 or 2.

Heck if Brown was available in the 2nd rd for the Giants, I would be happy with that also. I think Brown is what we need in regards to the way offenses are evolving into the pistol and read option. But I would like to see DT addressed either FA or draft. If we could sign Dorsey for a fair contract in FA, then maybe we can focus on CB and O-line in the 1st and 2nd rds.
    -Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    Yeah I hear Frederick has been on the rise per some mocks/analysts. I was torn with my first few picks and probably am off on my 1st 3.

Personally I like what I see from Frederick moreso than Wagner. Wagner did not look good in the Senior Bowl. I guess a lot could change in all of our mocks, especially after the combine and after FA starts. If we lose Beatty, I would love to see Johnson or Fisher in the 1st rd, but Fisher may be a long shot at 19, but who knows.
    He has been up and down in lots of mock drafts by the so called experts but he's always been a high profile player. mayock has him as his No. 1 center and has played all G positions in Wisconsin. I tell you bro , if he gets picked by the Giants ( he is my 2 nd round pick in my mock ) it would make my day and entire draft. He is the real deal bro.

I really like Kawaan Short in the 2nd. WOuld make up for the Austin bust.pick. He can really get pressure up the middle and is a BIG man lol. If Q smith can recover from the ACL, he should be on the Giants Radar.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I really like Kawaan Short in the 2nd. WOuld make up for the Austin bust.pick. He can really get pressure up the middle and is a BIG man lol. If Q smith can recover from the ACL, he should be on the Giants Radar.
    If Short does at the Combine, what he did at the Senior Bowl.. He'll be a 1st rounder

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    When it comes to Quanterus Smith, I figured he can get a few reps this coming season but mostly benefit from learning behind JPP, Tuck, Kiwi. He can get stronger and let that ACL completely heal--they say you arent 100% till the 2nd yr back from that type of injury, USUALLY.
    -Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    If Short does at the Combine, what he did at the Senior Bowl.. He'll be a 1st rounder
    I agree, the more I think about it, the more that maybe I should have reversed my 1st and 2nd rd picks. But I will give it another shot after the combine, and then again after FA.
    -Vince Lombardi

Ok, I have hemmed and hawed back and forth if I was going to post my mock drafts this year. Ok I am basing most of my picks not only on need, but of value(hopefully). I have seen some of these guys play moreso than others. I have also taken into account other posters info, videos and input etc. when it comes to the pros and cons of draft prospects. And I cant forget to give some credit to the articles from different sports analysts/writers/prognosticators. I have tried to roll all of that into my first post-bowl, pre-combine, pre-free agency amateur mock.

I may have some guys ranked too low or too high, so please feel free to throw the constructive criticism my way. I do appreciate the input. I probably will submit another in a couple days, since I was back and forth on rankings and/or players and positions.

Rd 1. Arthur Brown LB Kansas St
    Rd 2. Kawann Short DT Purdue
    Rd 3. Travis Federick OG/C Wisconsin
    Rd 4. Darius Slay CB Miss St
    Rd 5. Nick Kasa TE Colorado
    Rd 6. Quanterus Smith DE Western KY
    Rd 7. Zac Stacy RB Vandy
    Brown in the first is a bit of a reach and I doubt the Giants pick an ILB in the first under Reese ... ever.

Kawann Short in the second is a solid choice but nothing that will overly excite me (safe pick here).

I don't see the Giants taking an OC/C prospect before a CB in the draft. Especially when OT is more of a need (depending on what happens with Boothe, and where Petrus is on the depth chart).

Solid choices the rest of the way.

This draft wouldn't excite me, but it also wouldn't have me shaking my head (ala the 49ers first pick last year).

Ok, I have hemmed and hawed back and forth if I was going to post my mock drafts this year. Ok I am basing most of my picks not only on need, but of value(hopefully). I have seen some of these guys play moreso than others. I have also taken into account other posters info, videos and input etc. when it comes to the pros and cons of draft prospects. And I cant forget to give some credit to the articles from different sports analysts/writers/prognosticators. I have tried to roll all of that into my first post-bowl, pre-combine, pre-free agency amateur mock.

I may have some guys ranked too low or too high, so please feel free to throw the constructive criticism my way. I do appreciate the input. I probably will submit another in a couple days, since I was back and forth on rankings and/or players and positions.

Rd 1. Arthur Brown LB Kansas St
    Rd 2. Kawann Short DT Purdue
    Rd 3. Travis Federick OG/C Wisconsin
    Rd 4. Darius Slay CB Miss St
    Rd 5. Nick Kasa TE Colorado
    Rd 6. Quanterus Smith DE Western KY
    Rd 7. Zac Stacy RB Vandy
    Solid draft for sure! Brown although is mostly projected later I have 0 problems with him in the first. We could use a fast LB like that for RG3 and all the the leagues evolving offenses. Quanterus Smith could be an absolute steal, 2 and 7th are nice picks as well man

+ Reply to Thread