+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on Minter?

Thoughts on Minter?

There's a lot of talk around here about our need at linebacker and how Ogletree can be a good fit here. Personally, I like Kevin Minter from LSU better (though admittedly I haven't watched a ton of their film). Minter seems to get up in run support a little quicker and I thought he was doing a good job at getting low and making tackles. He does look a little small though.

Ogletree looks pretty good in coverage (I heard somewhere that he's a converted safety?), but sometimes looked a little sloppy against the run. I think both guys would help the defense tremendously but all else equal, I'd rather have Minter.

BTW, not a fan of Teo at all. He also looks solid in coverage but misses way too many tackles to be a legitimate consideration in my opinion.

What do you guys think? Will we go for one of these guys or wait until the later rounds?

I have seen some mock where Minter lands on a 3-4 team like Pittsburgh. Ogletree may be better in coverage, but Minter may be better at the point of attack, taking on blockers. Thats just my 2 cents though.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    I have seen some mock where Minter lands on a 3-4 team like Pittsburgh. Ogletree may be better in coverage, but Minter may be better at the point of attack, taking on blockers. Thats just my 2 cents though.
    I think arthur browns combination of run stopping and coverage ability trumps them both.

I'd be ok with Minter in the 2nd.. seems like a gamer and is a true MLB

Agreed. I prefer Minter just judging from the tape I watched but I don't know how either fit into a 4-3

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I think arthur browns combination of run stopping and coverage ability trumps them both.
    I would take Brown as well over Minter, given the choice. I just mocked Brown to the Giants in my 1st mock. 19 may be a little high, but who knows how he will do at the combine. Some people think Brown could be there in rd 2 for us.

I have seen Minter going in the 1st rd or 2nd rd in some mocks. And who know if Ogletree will drop.

Its a crap shoot.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Yuckk

Minter is much better going forward, not ever going to be a capable guy in coverage. But he could end up putting up pretty high tackle numbers.

His size scares me though, really dont think he is 6'.

I think he could be a good player but other than that I don't trust he could be a great MLB in the NFL. Don't think he is a 3 down ILB, don't like him in coverage, even less projecting him to the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Minter is much better going forward, not ever going to be a capable guy in coverage. But he could end up putting up pretty high tackle numbers.

His size scares me though, really dont think he is 6'.
    They have him listed at 6'2 there is no way he is 6'2".

NFLDraftScout has him at 6006

A guy from another draft site tweeted me that he saw a listed measurement of 5'11 on him but doesnt remember where it was from. If it was 3 years ago he may of grown another 1" and a half

1 thing that bothers me about Minter in zone coverage is when he drops he almost completely turns his body away from the play. he cant back pedal he has to turn and run even on short drops. Thjats a killer if u are going to play zone against Robert Griffin. U dont want the MLB turning his back away from the play
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-18-2013 at 09:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread