+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hes really small for a giants outside CB. May work alright in the AFC East where there are no big receivers. Not sure it would work in the NFC East.

We all should knot that the players that fit Fewell's system are guys who can cover good and a D-line that is outstanding for blitzing cause Fewell hardly call blitzes

I'd like to get EJ Biggers from Tampa.. he really showed some solid play when Aqib Talib was traded and i think is just setting up for his prime run and can be had for decent price because he just recently started, starting... Also Derek Cox is a guy i'd see if his injury history could get em for cheap.. Cox is extremely talented but injury prone..

Don't think it would be a good fit...

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Hes really small for a giants outside CB. May work alright in the AFC East where there are no big receivers. Not sure it would work in the NFC East.
    This was the mentality for Giant CBs a few years back when the CBs were asked to jam the WR and run with him. Physicality was heavily valued and frankly saw better results. PF has them playing so far off and breaking on balls that smaller quicker guys are his type of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    This was the mentality for Giant CBs a few years back when the CBs were asked to jam the WR and run with him. Physicality was heavily valued and frankly saw better results. PF has them playing so far off and breaking on balls that smaller quicker guys are his type of guys.
    Honestly im very confused on what the Giants defense is trying to be there seems to be a lack of identity. Some of the pieces seem perfect to be a Tampa 2 defense then others dont and its a mish mash disaster. A lot of it may be injuries. The Giants have had awful luck with defensive players.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-18-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Starter
    I would love to have him, think he could be a great help for us hopefully we make a run at him
    Last edited by BigJ; 02-18-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'd like to get EJ Biggers from Tampa.. he really showed some solid play when Aqib Talib was traded and i think is just setting up for his prime run and can be had for decent price because he just recently started, starting... Also Derek Cox is a guy i'd see if his injury history could get em for cheap.. Cox is extremely talented but injury prone..
    I'd love to have Derek Cox, didn't even know he was a free agent this year. Doubt we get him anyways

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    Fewell tries to run tampa 2... where you want bigger stronger CBs. Problem is he has a safety he doesnt trust playing deep in Rolle. So they end up playing cover 3 all game instead.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Fewell tries to run tampa 2... where you want bigger stronger CBs. Problem is he has a safety he doesnt trust playing deep in Rolle. So they end up playing cover 3 all game instead.
    I don't really trust Rolle either, it may just be me but whenever I see a busted coverage it seems to be Rolle who was supposed to help over the top and was missing
    Last edited by JesseJames; 02-19-2013 at 05:11 PM.