+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 105
  1. #11
    The DEFENSE

  2. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Posts
    1,510
    Sorry SAM & MIKE have to be fixed. There is little run stopping from them and not much in zone coverage. If Locklear can't come back, then RT is next. I think DL & DE are in house. Time for them to step up. CB 3rd. Then Guards.

  3. #13
    Am I really the only person that has ANY concern about protecting Eli? Everyone keeps bringing up the DL, LB, and CB... am I the ONLY person left that still thinks OL is our greatest need?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

  4. #14
    OL becomes our biggest need if Beatty leaves. Diehl is a turnstile, whoever replaces him is already better. Eli was sacked like 15 times or something It was much worse in 2011 and Eli didn't get hurt did he? If Beatty stays we're fine.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Am I really the only person that has ANY concern about protecting Eli? Everyone keeps bringing up the DL, LB, and CB... am I the ONLY person left that still thinks OL is our greatest need?
    I want D myself.. but if Warmack or Lane Johnson is there.. I AM DOWN..!!

  6. #16
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,083
    I want a stud OL in the first or a player that will upgrade our pass rush.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    OL becomes our biggest need if Beatty leaves. Diehl is a turnstile, whoever replaces him is already better. Eli was sacked like 15 times or something It was much worse in 2011 and Eli didn't get hurt did he? If Beatty stays we're fine.
    I'll agree that it is not AS MUCH of a need if we get Beatty. If Locklear somehow fully recovers I would be on board with Beatty/Locklear as the tackles, but I don't hold out much hope there. Brewer is pretty much a bust if he can't even snag playing time from the current iteration of Diehl.

    Eli's sack count went down this year almost entirely due to his pocket presence. Similarly to 2010, Eli would throw a ball away or sometimes force it (much to our chagrin whenever it got picked) rather than take the sack.

    The point that bothers me though, is that you said it was brutal in 2011 (which it was) and you said "Eli didn't get hurt then did he"... Yeah he seems to be made of that stuff Nintendo makes their game consoles out of, but I don't really want to test it all that much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

  8. #18
    Starter blueribbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    long island
    Posts
    425
    Defense - DT, CB, MLB
    Offense - OL, TE, RB

  9. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Philipsburg, PA
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    OL becomes our biggest need if Beatty leaves. Diehl is a turnstile, whoever replaces him is already better. Eli was sacked like 15 times or something It was much worse in 2011 and Eli didn't get hurt did he? If Beatty stays we're fine.
    That tells more about how tough Eli is than how good the o line is.

  10. #20
    "Toughness" isn't a quantifiable attribute. It's not something that can be relied upon. Everyone gets hurt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts