+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    OL.
    Warmack won't be there. J Cooper might be.I know from other threads this is not a popular pick, but in 7 mocks on NFL/ESPN (for what they are worth), he averages 17.7 and Scouts Inc rate him # 16 best player.

OL after draft:
    Beatty, Cooper 1st Rnd, Baas, Long 3rd Rnd, Brewer...
    You can't seriously beleive that Coughlin would replace Snee. He wouldn't replace Diehl when Locklear clearly beat him out, so there's no way he'd replace Snee. If they lose Boothe, you'll probably see Deihl in that guard slot. Diehl and Snee walk on water as far as TC is concerned, and he will be very reluctant to replace Diehl, and he will NOT replace Snee this year.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    You can't seriously beleive that Coughlin would replace Snee. He wouldn't replace Diehl when Locklear clearly beat him out, so there's no way he'd replace Snee. If they lose Boothe, you'll probably see Deihl in that guard slot. Diehl and Snee walk on water as far as TC is concerned, and he will be very reluctant to replace Diehl, and he will NOT replace Snee this year.
    I understand about TC and Snee. I'm sure he will start game 1. I was more thinking like what I would like to see. A look to the future that Mr Wilson and Eli would be happy with. Snee is having surgery and is 31. I think 2 more years on contract. I do think Diehl is still likely to be cut, once Beatty is wrapped up and especially if they do draft OL in 1st couple of rounds.

Half the OL.
    No one remembers who came in second.

back when the team drafted Snee I immediately wondered how Coughlin would be able to handle cutting his son in law when the time came and how it would impact his relationship with his daughter, glad I don't have to make that decision....

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    back when the team drafted Snee I immediately wondered how Coughlin would be able to handle cutting his son in law when the time came and how it would impact his relationship with his daughter, glad I don't have to make that decision....
    It's Reese's job to hire and fire, not Coughlin's
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    It's popular to say Locklear was so much better than Diehl, but during the latter part of the season, they actually said there was little difference between the two.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's popular to say Locklear was so much better than Diehl, but during the latter part of the season, they actually said there was little difference between the two.
    I would agree with that but now Locklear's injury may have ended his career and Diehl will be a year older after a year where his skills continue to erode. I still aspire to a stronger starter next year at RT and much better than either of them.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I would agree with that but now Locklear's injury may have ended his career and Diehl will be a year older after a year where his skills continue to erode. I still aspire to a stronger starter next year at RT and much better than either of them.
    I'm not suggesting we want Diehl, especially to start. But to say Locklear was our savior over Diehl just isn't accurate. I hope they draft a stud OT in the first or second round, and I am assuming we keep Beatty and Boothe. If we can't keep those two we need even more help. This is why I think Diehl is still on the roster because they don't know who else is leaving via FA.

We tend to look at individual players without considering what else is happening to the larger puzzle.

Veteran
    Pass rusher, dt, corner, ot.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Pass rusher, dt, corner, ot.
    We have young pass rushers on the roster and it's time they kicked those tires. Tracy and Ojomo both showed flashes and we need to give them opportunities. If we can't protect Eli better than we did, we're not going to be a much better team than we were. I know he wasn't sacked a lot, but he was hurried a lot and that affected his accuracy and timing. Oline has to be a priority