+ Reply to Thread

Since canty is gone I can jr bringing a guy like Matt shaunessesy in cheap

With Austin unproven Rogers,Benard long in the tooth I can see that happening to push Austin for time shaunessesy wasn't that bad he plays with a high motor 100% all game and that's on a bum raiders team imagine on a contender again health is a issue he would come cheap so it's gamble I would take lol I jus like talkn defense since we not accostume to piss poor defense it feels gud trying to come up with solutions giants 4 life

I like Shaughnessy. He always makes plays in Raider games I watch, which admittedly, is not too many.

Raiders RE Matt Shaughnessy (shoulder surgery) has resumed practicing.
    Coach Dennis Allen didn't expect to see Shaughnessy back on the field before training camp, so he's ahead of schedule in his rehab. "I'm full go now," said Schaughnessy. "If there was a game on Sunday, I'd play." Teammate Richard Seymour believes Shaughnessy is the best in the NFL at stopping the run among defensive ends. Tue, Jun 12, 2012 02:29:00 PM
    Source: CSN Bay Area

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    He's excellent against the run. Unfortunately he isn't much in terms of a pass rusher, which is what we need, but he's solid nonetheless.

I'd take him as a rotational guy, especially since we weren't lights out vs the run.

I played against him when he was at Norwich Free Academy here in Connecticut. That would be pretty cool to see him on the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    He's excellent against the run. Unfortunately he isn't much in terms of a pass rusher, which is what we need, but he's solid nonetheless.

I'd take him as a rotational guy, especially since we weren't lights out vs the run.
    A team that gave up 4.6 yds per attempt and 129.1 a game doesn't need someone excellent against the run?

I'm ok with Shaughnessy, but he is a DE in a 4-3, Canty was a DT. I would like to see Dorsey come in fairly cheap and be a rotational guy at the 3 tech. He seemed out of his comfort zone in KC's 3-4.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    I'm ok with Shaughnessy, but he is a DE in a 4-3, Canty was a DT. I would like to see Dorsey come in fairly cheap and be a rotational guy at the 3 tech. He seemed out of his comfort zone in KC's 3-4.
    I thought he was a DE as well, Roy Miller on the Bucs is a run stuffer or better yet Dorsey from the Chiefs he may do well in a 4-3 system. If I had to choose I think we would be able to get Dorsey for a reasonable price.