+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: rank these DTs

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    I really don't think we have a shot at Floyd either. I saw some "High ranking NFL executive" garuntee he goes top 10...Also Scot Pioli had him as his top ranked junior in the draft
    I saw tlhat too bro. Well I would be very happy if Big Hank Hankins drops all the way in the 2nd, that would be to good to pass up IMO.

Mmmaannnn, I got tore up awhile back when I said I thought Floyd was a animal & would be a nice pick at 19

No way, Kawaan Short and Jordan Hill are better. I've seen Floyd's tape..Even in the senior bow short was getting pressure up the middle constantly beating the guard with swin moves. Jordan Hill is a sleeper too from penn state if any are available in the 2nd i'd jump for joy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I think JR will address the DT spot in the first 2 rounds, how would you rank these DTs?

Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
    Sharrif Floyd, Florida
    Kawann Short, Purdue
    Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State
    Jesse Williams, Alabama
    Sylvester Williams, North Carolina
    Jonathan Jenkins, Georgia

1. Kawaan Short DT Purdue- Highly underrated and i think will be a 1st rder come draft day.. Good measurables, penetrator, blocks kicks, productive career in college, good kid, instinctive...etc

2. Sheldon Richardson Mizzo

3. Jonathan Hankins Ohio St

4. Jesse Williams Bama

5. Sylvester Williams

6. Sharrif Floyd Fla

7. Jonathan Jenkins- overrated in my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    No way, Kawaan Short and Jordan Hill are better. I've seen Floyd's tape..Even in the senior bow short was getting pressure up the middle constantly beating the guard with swin moves. Jordan Hill is a sleeper too from penn state if any are available in the 2nd i'd jump for joy. lol
    I have no issue with floyd, but totally agree that Short is the better prospect and its almost comical that Floyd is consensus to most over Floyd.. Maybe Floyd is stronger, maybe not, but Short is better playmaker, penetrator, and ST ace then Floyd.. Floyd has not exceled to even remotley the way Short did, and Floyd had much better talent all around em as well... Short did his damage with next to nothing on the Dline this past season, prooving having Kerrigan around was not why he was good..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I have no issue with floyd, but totally agree that Short is the better prospect and its almost comical that Floyd is consensus to most over Floyd.. Maybe Floyd is stronger, maybe not, but Short is better playmaker, penetrator, and ST ace then Floyd.. Floyd has not exceled to even remotley the way Short did, and Floyd had much better talent all around em as well... Short did his damage with next to nothing on the Dline this past season, prooving having Kerrigan around was not why he was good..
    I disagree he had nothing there will be a 2014 DE Ryan Russel i will be covering but yes Florida is better. Short is definitely not a better penetrator. Floyds quickness and ability to effect plays with his athleticism is much higher. I know u will point to his stats but when I look at both players in a vacuum. Who is quicker,better agility,better closing speed its Floyd. Also u have to remember that Floyd is only 20 while Short is 24. Im not saying Floyd is a perfect prospect he has holes. Id like to see him finish some more of the plays he impacts. He has to play lower it hurts him when trying to play the run
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-19-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Issue is you have different types of DTs on that list. So it would depend what you are looking for.

Jessie Williams for instance would be a great 0 or 1 tech, while Richardson is pure 3 tech.

It's like asking which is a better LB on a list with pass rushers and non pass rushers

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Issue is you have different types of DTs on that list. So it would depend what you are looking for.

Jessie Williams for instance would be a great 0 or 1 tech, while Richardson is pure 3 tech.

It's like asking which is a better LB on a list with pass rushers and non pass rushers
    It can be flipped upside down on what your looking for . If u want a 2 gap NT Sheldon Richardson isnt the guy, its Hankins. If u want a gap shooting 3 tech Richardson or Floyd are the best 2 . If u want to run a hybrid scheme Jessie Williams would fit well as he experience all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    It can be flipped upside down on what your looking for . If u want a 2 gap NT Sheldon Richardson isnt the guy, its Hankins. If u want a gap shooting 3 tech Richardson or Floyd are the best 2 . If u want to run a hybrid scheme Jessie Williams would fit well as he experience all over the place
    Exactly. The question should be who is the best fit for this team or this position

The giants, in my opinion, need a 3 tech the most. Linval is a very solid 1 tech.

Tampa 2 scheme historically needs a somewhat undersized DT who is a pure penetrator.

Sapp, Tommie Harris, Gerald McCoy, etc. someone in the 6'1-6'4 range and around 300 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Exactly. The question should be who is the best fit for this team or this position

The giants, in my opinion, need a 3 tech the most. Linval is a very solid 1 tech.

Tampa 2 scheme historically needs a somewhat undersized DT who is a pure penetrator.

Sapp, Tommie Harris, Gerald McCoy, etc. someone in the 6'1-6'4 range and around 300 pounds.
    If they really want to run a Tampa 2 then I hope they go out and get the pieces to make it work. Realistically they need to upgrade 4 spots. 3 tech,WLB,MLB, another CB. They may be able to get by with Webster and Jwill but they would need to get a 3 tech and MLB without a doubt