+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 84

Thread: It's not crazy if Giants pick Nicks over Cruz

  1. #11
    good post drewz. rr looked good at the end of the yr, damn good...ur points bout nicks n cruz r true too

  2. #12
    Both will be NYG next year.

  3. #13
    All-Pro Captain Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Emerald Isle, N.C.
    Posts
    9,351
    It will a tough decision, the question is how important is the slot receiver?

  4. #14
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,346
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    eli will do whatever necessary with his contract to keep both, mark it.
    Eli is not going to take a pay cut and restructuring him and others is how we keep getting into CAP hell.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  5. #15
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    It will a tough decision, the question is how important is the slot receiver?
    Or who is the more productive? Over the last two years, that has been Cruz, even if Nicks is the better athlete.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  6. #16
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,346
    Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    Both will be NYG next year.
    Next year or this year? I agree for 2013, but not for 2014 nexcessarily
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  7. #17
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,371
    Both will be here this coming season. What if Randle becomes a super star? Do they let an often injured Nicks go so they can keep Cruz? What if Nicks plays every game this year? What if JJ gets a chance this year and shines? This will have to wait until the end of this next coming season. Oh, please no more restructuring and no one is giving money back either.

  8. #18
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Both will be here this coming season. What if Randle becomes a super star? Do they let an often injured Nicks go so they can keep Cruz? What if Nicks plays every game this year? What if JJ gets a chance this year and shines? This will have to wait until the end of this next coming season. Oh, please no more restructuring and no one is giving money back either.
    These are interesting times.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-19-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Eli is not going to take a pay cut and restructuring him and others is how we keep getting into CAP hell.
    Nothing with being in salary cap hell at the right time. Right now, our window to win is now. Once Eli retires, we're in rebuilding mode anyway. Nothing w rong with a one year 40 million dollar cap hit when you're going to be 4-12 anyway.

  10. #20
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,346
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Nothing with being in salary cap hell at the right time. Right now, our window to win is now. Once Eli retires, we're in rebuilding mode anyway. Nothing w rong with a one year 40 million dollar cap hit when you're going to be 4-12 anyway.
    What's wrong is it limits the ability to keep/get the players you need to get where you want to go. It's not the original terms of the contracts nearly as much as the restructuring that follows affecting out ability to make decent long term deals with players we want to keep.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts