+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's not crazy if Giants pick Nicks over Cruz

Restructures will be the end of JR if he isn't careful.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    eli will do whatever necessary with his contract to keep both, mark it.
    Last year he had his contract restructured to get under the cap and negotiated a $9MM raise in return. If you think that Eli (or anyone) is taking a pay cut to fit the team under the cap you are dilusional.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Restructures will be the end of JR if he isn't careful.
    I understand the sort term logic but over the long term, without significant increases in the CAP, it eventually gets a stranglehold on the ability to maintain a team that can contend year after year
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    It will a tough decision, the question is how important is the slot receiver?
    A slot receiver who has the best numbers two years running?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I understand the sort term logic but over the long term, without significant increases in the CAP, it eventually gets a stranglehold on the ability to maintain a team that can contend year after year
    Of course. It's just concerning how the cap situation has, in many cases, made it easier to get rid of good players than bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Of course. It's just concerning how the cap situation has, in many cases, made it easier to get rid of good players than bad.
    I know, which supports the parity goal but makes fans crazy. I think we may have initially thought the CAP would increase by more than a few hundred thousand dollars every season. I know I did.

# 80

If these clowns put in RR when Nicks was injured earlier in the season we would've been able to see how expendable Nicks is. I like Nicks, he's a great player but I believe he can be replaced along with Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    If these clowns put in RR when Nicks was injured earlier in the season we would've been able to see how expendable Nicks is. I like Nicks, he's a great player but I believe he can be replaced along with Cruz.
    Everybody can be replaced, that's not the issue, how easily do you replace the investment is the question.

# 80

I still think the slot position manufacturers yards. And they could plug any moderately intelligent receiver in there and get 800+ yards.

Finding an outside receiver is much more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I still think the slot position manufacturers yards. And they could plug any moderately intelligent receiver in there and get 800+ yards.

Finding an outside receiver is much more difficult.
    I don't disagree, except to say I think a few players like Welker and Cruz are exceptional at what they do which is why they create the numbers they do.

I think in 2013 we'll have Nicks and Cruz and in 2014, we may have to lose one. Until then, here's to playing at home in the next Super Bowl
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-19-2013 at 10:51 AM.

# 80

+ Reply to Thread