1- Sam Montgomery, de, lsu
    2- Arthur Brown, ilb, kst
    3- David Amerson, cb, ncst
    4- Michael Willams, Te, ala
    5- Luke Marquarddt, t
    6- Kwame Geathers, dt, uga
    7- Etienne Sabino, olb, osu

Thoughts?
    Last edited by ALL_OuT23; 02-19-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: added rounds..
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”(Vince Lombardi)

2014 draft wishlist..
    1. Charles Sims

Isn't Skov returning to Stanford?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Isn't Skov returning to Stanford?
    Yes. they announced via twitter last month

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...013&genpos=ILB

Quote Originally Posted by ALL_OuT23 View Post
    5- Luke Marquarddt, t

Thoughts?
    1 - I like Montgomery but He isnt the best fit for the giants system and there are better DEs Jordan, Okafor, ansah, jones, werner all better picks at 19
    2 - Love the pick in the second. Brown or Greene from Rutgers would be great here.
    3 - Great Value Pick!! He was a first rounder before this year but had a "down Year" (only 5 picks compared to 11 in 2012)
    4 - Love Williams, best blocking TE in the draft but waaayyyy to high for him. hes a 6-7th rounder unless e lights up the combine
    5 - 6 - font know enough about them but i like the T and DT selection to add depth and competition on our lines
    7 - wouldn't draft 2 LBs would go with another secondary player SS/FS/CB more of a need

5- Luke Marquarddt, t

Thoughts?
    Not gonna lie....this is my least favorite mock I've seen yet. Aside from Arthur Brown I am not a fan of any of these picks...

5- Luke Marquarddt, t

Thoughts?
    I like Brown in the 2nd and Im ok with Amerson in the 3rd rd. Williams might be a reach in the 4th rd, but a very good blocking TE. I dont know much about Marquardt or Sabino. Geathers is a big body to help with our DT position. Im on the fence with Montgomery in the 1st rd though.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    I like Brown in the 2nd and Im ok with Amerson in the 3rd rd. Williams might be a reach in the 4th rd, but a very good blocking TE. I dont know much about Marquardt or Sabino. Geathers is a big body to help with our DT position. Im on the fence with Montgomery in the 1st rd though.

Strengths
    Possesses prototypical height, length and a growing frame still able to add weight without losing athleticism. Flashes foot quickness to take away the edge in pass protection, but also mirror without losing knee bend to maintain balance and form. Redirects ends through the pocket inside, as well. Widens his base to anchor when on his game. Also uses his feet to change blocking angle on the move to create running lanes. Surprises with his straight-line speed when leading on pulls or getting downfield to block. Has a solid punch, and is also capable of keeping his feet active while landing it. Comes out of his three-point stance low and hard for his size, gets hands inside to bully defender out of the play. Greets blitzers instead of catching them. Uses strength and length to hold back one defender on double-team while waiting for edge blitzers.

Weaknesses
    His height can cause him problems when trying to get leverage on quicker defenders, will need to prove he can avoid getting stood up off the snap in the run game. Gets narrow and comes out of his stance at times against quicker rushers instead of maintaining technique, often because he can against a lower level of competition. Must be consistent with his bend in pass protection and when approaching targets in space. Will occasionally stop his feet while punching, overextending in the process. Could finish plays more regularly, putting his man to the ground and keeping him there as he shows the ability to do.
    NFL Comparison - King Dunlap

Bottom Line

]Marquardt could be the first player drafted from Azusa Pacific since Kansas City selected Christian “The Nigerian Nightmare” Okoye in the second round in 1987. His size and length give him a chance to be a mid-round pick with upside -– if he can take the coaching imparted him by Pro Football Hall of Fame lineman Jackie Slater to handle the step up in competition
    Last edited by ALL_OuT23; 02-19-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”(Vince Lombardi)

2014 draft wishlist..
    1. Charles Sims

Great Mock!

1- Ansah or Okafor will be available at #19. If Ansah is not available and Lane Johnson is there at #19 I rather Johnson over Montgomery and Okafor.
    2- Arthur in the second would an insanely great pick. This guy has value to be the best ILB take in the draft.
    3- Amerson in the third would also be an incredible great pick, even though I highly doubt he will be available there.
    4- Michael Williams, I think we should go OL before we go TE in this draft. Bennet might be gong out, but we still have Robinson and Pascoe in our roster, so not too much value there.
    5- Depth
    6-Depth
    7- Depth

5- Luke Marquarddt, t

Thoughts?
    I'm not a fan of Sam Montgomery. Other than that, it's a very solid mock.

I just have a hard time seeing the Giants pick an ILB before a CB.

+ Reply to Thread