+ Reply to Thread

Report: Eddie Lacy Won't Run At Combine With Hamstring Injury

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...mstring-injury

Excerpt: " Eddie Lacy, who really opened eyes during Alabama's BCS championship beatdown of Notre Dame, is the consensus top running back in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Dude is a beast. But, unfortunately, we reportedly won't get to see him work out at the NFL combine because, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Lacy suffered a hamstring injury last week while working out.
    Schefter reports

Lacy suffered a "small tear in some tissue around his hamstring" and will sit out the combine workouts as a result.
    However, Lacy hopes to work out during Alabama's pro day March 13." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I got Lacy to the Falcons in the 1st..

Starter
    Sure he did. Probably runs a high 4.6 and will magically run a 4.4 at Bama's pro day.

He is one player that NEEDS to run a strong 40 time

I always thought Lacey was more a product of a good offensive line then any real great shakes.

this is all nice but has nothing to do with the giants. when 19 comes up and lacy is there we wont draft him. I dont feel there is a need at RB..Just my opinion. We will go LB, OLine or DLINE at 19
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I always thought Lacey was more a product of a good offensive line then any real great shakes.
    I agree. It's no wonder that Alabama will have 3 RB's go in the 1st round in the last 3 years....Ingram, Richardson and Lacy. Soon to be 4 with TJ Yeldon becoming the best RB in the SEC next year too.

When healthy I thought Lacy showed decent elusiveness. Especially in the BCSCG. He has a pretty sick spin move. Pretty sure he had turf toe problems for quite a while. After I heard he was 100% he seemed like a pretty good back to me (Alabama OL definitely helps though). As someone already pointed out, this doesn't really do anything for us since RB isn't on our radar for the first round. Another thing to keep in mind regarding the backs Alabama has had recently and the correlation between their talent and the OL. They were all the top RBs coming out of high school as well. Yeldon and Richardson were 5 stars. Ingram and Lacy were 4 stars. They just signed 4 more of the top RBs in the country as well so their runs of having the top RBs in the draft doesn't look like it will be stopping anytime soon. It doesn't hurt that they're a run first offense and split carries among their backs. Their backs aren't already overworked by the time they leave.

As for timings at pro day. I admit I laughed, but it doesn't really work like that. The times at pro days are just as legit as the ones at the combine. No way pro teams would gamble on the millions they spend and just take a teams word for it.

anyone else see the talent pool at rb in this draft class and now actually look back and are thankful JR selected Wilson? I was a huge fan of the wilson pick anyways esp after we got randle in rd 2, but just saying, i dunno if i see a rb who comes close to wilsons measurables/skill set in this draft really at least at the ceiling wilson potentially has...

if im choosing between lacy and wilson, i take wilson 10/10x

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    anyone else see the talent pool at rb in this draft class and now actually look back and are thankful JR selected Wilson? I was a huge fan of the wilson pick anyways esp after we got randle in rd 2, but just saying, i dunno if i see a rb who comes close to wilsons measurables/skill set in this draft really at least at the ceiling wilson potentially has...

if im choosing between lacy and wilson, i take wilson 10/10x
    i agree...wilson has that it factor