+ Reply to Thread

Eisen's Mailbag: Offensive Line

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...2-e87025bccfab

"With the concerns around the offensive line getting younger and getting the run game back, what is the likelihood they draft a solid guard for the next 10 years? I really think if they take Jonathan Cooper or Chance Warmack at left guard, the run game will be an instant improvement. Also, I think Brian Winters or even Larry Warford in the second round can also bring a lot of value.
    -John

I am not permitted by organizational policy to comment on specific draft-eligible players – a refrain you will read frequently in the next two months. But I would be surprised if the Giants didn’t try to infuse their offensive line with youth this offseason. I don’t think you can draft someone with the anticipation he will be a fixture in your lineup for 10 years, though it worked with Chris Snee. Actually, Snee is entering his 10th season. He recently admitted he considered retiring after Super Bowl XLVI. Snee is looking forward to the 2013 season, but it’s safe to say he’s not going to play too many more years. Kevin Boothe, the other starting guard, is a free agent. The Giants have no obvious successor at either position, so importing a guard is a likely move before training camp.
    "
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

This guy provides no information at all.

It's a very slow news cycle at the moment
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I thought it was just me lol. His answers remind me of the way George Young used to respond.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I guess you missed the part where he said that he couldn't make any specific comments about whom the Giants might draft, even if it's pure speculation on his part.

Eisen can't comment on specific players because of team policy but I can, I would love Travis Frederick in blue next season, please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I guess you missed the part where he said that he couldn't make any specific comments about whom the Giants might draft, even if it's pure speculation on his part.
    Why does my statement that he provides no information at all mean that I missed that part?

Why does my statement that he provides no information at all mean that I missed that part?
    If he can't comment directly to the question (do you think NYG will look at these guys), what else can he say? He said we lack depth at G, so that could be a spot we're looking at, and we'll likely look to get younger on the line. Again, seeing as he's barred from giving any kind of specifics, what else can you expect him to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    If he can't comment directly to the question (do you think NYG will look at these guys), what else can he say? He said we lack depth at G, so that could be a spot we're looking at, and we'll likely look to get younger on the line. Again, seeing as he's barred from giving any kind of specifics, what else can you expect him to say?
    I could care less why he provides no information . . . the fact is that he doesn't.

And he never does . . . no matter what the subject. I find his "mail bag" to be a complete waste.