+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 Million Dollar Player

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    QB is the one position you are going to pay out the bum for. There's no other way to do it other than draft one in the first round and hope they play great before their rookie contract ends.

But $8-$10 mil a year gets total bums. Like Alex Smith or Matt Flynn. Nobody that's going to win a SB
    What was Flacco making when he won the SB?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Rodgers and Flacco aren't. They won their titles whilst under rookie contracts.
    And neither will be making less than $20 million per year on their next contract (of which Flacco is currently negotiating).

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Eli won his first under his rookie contract.
    I know. I wasn't trying to make a point, just disprove one.
    Rivers earns top money and hasn't won a thing. Money can't buy championships.

That said, I'm fine with what Eli is making. I'd rather have him than face the alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Rodgers actually won the superbowl on his second contract which during his first season as a starter. On October 31, 2008 Rodgers signed a six year, $65 million contract extension through the 2014 season.
    Extension. Not a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    What was Flacco making when he won the SB?
    Flacco was at 8mil but it was reported he turned a contract of around 15 mil per year prior to the season hoping to get more money.

Veteran
    Joe Flacco wants Drew Brees money, Mike Wallce, Percy Harvin & Victor Cruz want Larry Fitzgerald/Calvin Johnson money, hell.. even Cliff Avril was saying he wanted a Mario Williams type contract.

With the ceilings on these contract being raised and the cap remaining flat, it's going to be ridicolous trying to hang on to talent.

If Flacco gets his 20 million, how much does Eli get when he gets his extension?

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Flacco was at 8mil but it was reported he turned a contract of around 15 mil per year prior to the season hoping to get more money.
    My point is that an NFL team can win a SB without a $20MM QB. Which is contrary to what Slippy claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Extension. Not a new contract.
    In that case, Eli is still under his first contract, too, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Joe Flacco wants Drew Brees money, Mike Wallce, Percy Harvin & Victor Cruz want Larry Fitzgerald/Calvin Johnson money, hell.. even Cliff Avril was saying he wanted a Mario Williams type contract.

With the ceilings on these contract being raised and the cap remaining flat, it's going to be ridicolous trying to hang on to talent.

If Flacco gets his 20 million, how much does Eli get when he gets his extension?
    How do you know what Victor Cruz is asking for?

The Market has dictated that SB Contender/winning QBs are worth $20m/yr. We've got a QB that falls into that category, therefore we must pay the piper.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    My point is that an NFL team can win a SB without a $20MM QB. Which is contrary to what Slippy claimed.
    And by winning they play themselves into that 15-20mil range just the price of doing business when you win.

+ Reply to Thread