+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 Million Dollar Player

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Yea exactly, I'm just admitting that last year's performance isn't worthy of 20 mill (what he's about to make this year)....indicating that he needs to play better. And so does this abysmal o-line...
    He's only making $14m this year. The rest of the money is money already paid to him that hit the cap this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    You are completely missing the point. And Roethlisberger's cap hit this season is nearly as high as Eli's. So, you're even wrong on that.
    Ben's contract is 8 years, $102MM.
    When he won the SB he was making a lot less.
    Oh...is it your view that it doesn't matter what a guy makes that determines if he can win a SB, its what his cap hit is.
    Good one.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    All good QBs are going to be in the 20 mil range. In the 8-10mil range you get Mark Sanchez. And with out Eli Manning and his late game play the Giants would not have those 2 Superbowls. Manning deserves that money and no one is going to convince me otherwise.

Find me one superbowl winning QB in the last 10 years who isn't in that 20 mil range. Those guys are Peyton, Eli, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Flacco and Big Ben.
    Second This !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Oh...is it your view that it doesn't matter what a guy makes that determines if he can win a SB, its what his cap hit is.
    Good one.
    This entire thread is based on Eli's cap hit. He's not making $20m this season. His salary this season is $14m. And players that get into motorcycle accidents while not wearing helmets, get accused of rape multiple times, and miss time every season tend to make a little less.

I apologize that you do not understand the economics of the modern NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    Second This !!!
    Eli, Rodgers, Flacco and Ben have never come close to making $20MM/year.

All-Pro
    This entire thread is based on Eli's cap hit. He's not making $20m this season. His salary this season is $14m. And players that get into motorcycle accidents while not wearing helmets, get accused of rape multiple times, and miss time every season tend to make a little less.

lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Good one.
    As I said, you can't look to players that were on their rookie contracts when they won and say, "Hey look, they did it." Ben also played extremely poorly in their first SB win. I'm sure if he had played better in that game, he would have been able to ask for more.

The difference in value in their contracts is about $3m/yr. That difference can be explained solely by Ben's injury concerns.

You are accusing me of exactly what i was making fun of you for. That the "cap hit" isn't usually a players salary.
    Its like you guys are in a bizzaro world today.

Let me just reaffirm my position.....You don't have to make $20MM/year to win a SB.
    Is that clear enough? Or does that not deal with "Modern NFL economics"?

Everything you have said has been in agreement with me, but you act like you are correcting me.

Maybe I'm lost, but who's getting 20mil/year? That's a 7 year 140mil contract. That is unheard of and doesn't exist.

Eli I thought broke the record with a 6 year 95 mil. Which is only 16mil a year. 20+mil/year? Who's making that?

+ Reply to Thread