+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    My point is that an NFL team can win a SB without a $20MM QB. Which is contrary to what Slippy claimed.
    flacco is on his rookie contract. Like I said, either win with them on their rookie contract, or you are spending $20 mil.

Rodgers was on his second contract, but he signed it really the first year he had any success in the league. His next contract will be much closer to $20 mil a year.

And Big Bens cap hit this year is.... you guessed it, 20 mil.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 02-19-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Just be thankful that Eli won't be occupying close to $30 million of his team's cap like Drew Brees will be in the final years of his deal.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 02-19-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Eli didn't do anyone any favors. He traded salary for up front, guaranteed bonus money. And I wouldn't expect that any player should do them any favors.
    Eli shouldn't take a hit because the cap wasn't managed properly.
    You are right, I didn't state that in the best way. Both parties benefit from the restructure, but the fact remains that he is not making 20million this year based on his achievments. He is making 20million (or should I say his cap hit is 20Million) because of the restructures.

Now THIS is the Morehead I know and love!!! Props on turning a really stupid notion for a thread into a good laugh. The OP has 5 posts in 2 years......can you imagine the pearls of complete nonsense that were in the other 4 posts?

Anyway.....I like it when MS plays the contrarian for no other reason than to piss people off!!

As for the OP.....2 SB MVP since he's been here. Just stop.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Eli isn't making $20m. That's his cap hit. I think his salary is $13m this year and a hair over $15m next year. The pro-ration of his signing bonuses are what bring his cap number higher.
    so are you saying he dont make around 39K per pass then how terrible is that how is a man going to live.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

The OP has to be a noob... Haha come on guys?

He's right! Release Eli and bring in Sanchez b/c 20 mil for a superbowl winning QB is ridiculous.... Haha what a choob...

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Now THIS is the Morehead I know and love!!! Props on turning a really stupid notion for a thread into a good laugh. The OP has 5 posts in 2 years......can you imagine the pearls of complete nonsense that were in the other 4 posts?

Anyway.....I like it when MS plays the contrarian for no other reason than to piss people off!!

As for the OP.....2 SB MVP since he's been here. Just stop.
    Lmao I agree bro. MS is literally making this thread funny to read...

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    The OP has to be a noob... Haha come on guys?He's right! Release Eli and bring in Sanchez b/c 20 mil for a superbowl winning QB is ridiculous.... Haha what a choob...
    Noob and Choob, eh?

lets be real, playing NFL QB is the toughest and most demanding, and highest profile position in all of sports. they take a beating and are expected to just get up and perform at a high level. Afruad is making $30 million for pete's sake over in MLB, $20 million for a 2 time super bowl MVP who always gives you a chance to win is a bargain, lol.

Bench Player
    You pay what the market rate is. No getting around it. You hope you make the right pick, the giants did, some others have not.