+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 Million Dollar Player

Bench Player

20 Million Dollar Player

Sorry guys but you can't tie up $20 million for a year in one player, I don't care if he is the quarterback. It just hamstrings you when trying to address competitive balance at other positions. I would rather have an 8-10 Million Dollar QB and use the rest of the money to address defensive issues.

All good QBs are going to be in the 20 mil range. In the 8-10mil range you get Mark Sanchez. And with out Eli Manning and his late game play the Giants would not have those 2 Superbowls. Manning deserves that money and no one is going to convince me otherwise.

Find me one superbowl winning QB in the last 10 years who isn't in that 20 mil range. Those guys are Peyton, Eli, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Flacco and Big Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Find me one superbowl winning QB in the last 10 years who isn't in that 20 mil range. Those guys are Peyton, Eli, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Flacco and Big Ben.
    Rodgers and Flacco aren't. They won their titles whilst under rookie contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The point is they will be. And all of those guys with the exception of maybe Flacco are going to be in the Hall of Fame conversation when they retire.

Quote Originally Posted by CRH54 View Post
    Sorry guys but you can't tie up $20 million for a year in one player, I don't care if he is the quarterback. It just hamstrings you when trying to address competitive balance at other positions. I would rather have an 8-10 Million Dollar QB and use the rest of the money to address defensive issues.
    You obviously have no clue how the economics of the NFL work. As is, we already spend 50% more on defense than offense, even with Eli's cap hit.

Eli won his first under his rookie contract.

QB is the one position you are going to pay out the bum for. There's no other way to do it other than draft one in the first round and hope they play great before their rookie contract ends.

But $8-$10 mil a year gets total bums. Like Alex Smith or Matt Flynn. Nobody that's going to win a SB

Rodgers actually won the superbowl on his second contract which during his first season as a starter. On October 31, 2008 Rodgers signed a six year, $65 million contract extension through the 2014 season.

Even Morehead thinks this idea is nuts!
    Get well soon 80.

Unrealistic in today's NFL. Top flight QBs make in the $15-20 million range. That precedent has been well established.

+ Reply to Thread