+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should Big Blue consider the Honey Badger?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Janoris Jenkins was a much better cover corner than Mathieu though. Jenkins manned up the SEC';s best WR's on the outside. He is a much better player than Mathieu. Mathieu is a sub package player and Kick returner. Strong Safety / Nickel CB play short zone coverage or man up smaller WR's
    Took the words out of my mouth.

As someone said, 5th round(mayyybe the 4th depending on pro day) because he does seem to have some sort of "it" factor on the field.

Hosley seems like a perfect slot corner, but we're going to need someone to take Corey Webster's spot eventually opposite of Amukamara. Mathieu doesn't have the ideal size to play on the outside against a lot of the bigger receivers we'll see in the NFC.

Ex-LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu recently ran a hand-timed 4.47 forty-yard dash during his pre-Combine training.

NFL teams are beginning to sort through Mathieu's 2011 game tape, and there is a buzz about his big-play ability both on defense and special teams. It sounds like he's in shape after sitting out the 2012 football season and training hard with Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson, Mathieu's college teammate. "Patrick goes at him hard; he'll push him on the ground or whatever he's got to do to get Tyrann prepared," said Peterson Sr. "He's looking like Tyrann. He's staying away from the off-field stuff and he's focused. He looks like he means business, very locked in. He knows he can't get another strike."
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...aft-headlines/

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Ex-LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu recently ran a hand-timed 4.47 forty-yard dash during his pre-Combine training.

NFL teams are beginning to sort through Mathieu's 2011 game tape, and there is a buzz about his big-play ability both on defense and special teams. It sounds like he's in shape after sitting out the 2012 football season and training hard with Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson, Mathieu's college teammate. "Patrick goes at him hard; he'll push him on the ground or whatever he's got to do to get Tyrann prepared," said Peterson Sr. "He's looking like Tyrann. He's staying away from the off-field stuff and he's focused. He looks like he means business, very locked in. He knows he can't get another strike."
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...aft-headlines/
    a lot of teams are gonna be sorry they passed on him. his shear desire to get to the football is something you can't teach.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 02-20-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Bronx NYC ......... Justin Gilbert "bandwagoneer"
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    a lot of teams are gonna be sorry they passed on him. his shear desire to get to the football is something you can't teach.
    I can really see him thriving in the nickel/slot corner role. If teams get creative they can use him in multiple ways shifting from that to safety. He's not ideal as some mentioned here but I do believe he can be an asset to teams. I loved watching him at LSU and will be one of the guys rooting for him to succeed. I just hope what that article says is true and he's keeping out of trouble and staying focused.

I'd pass on this guy we already have one undersized CB we don't need more...

Really his skill set is a linebacker. But his size says corner. Really odd mix

With Wilson our starter at RB and Hixon a FA, who will be handling the special teams KO's and punts? Mattheiu was one of the best and exciting behind Patterson of Texas. This guy would really give us that spark on special teams we need, even making tackles and plays on defense. If he's there in the third they need to grab him. Just re watch some of his highlights, the kid is a playmaker.

+ Reply to Thread