+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Female Kicker Will Compete At Regional Combine For First Time

Female Kicker Will Compete At Regional Combine For First Time

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...e/Default.aspx

Excerpt: "The NFL debuted its regional scouting combine concept back in 2011, Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com reports. Ten cities this year hold a regional combine from January to March, with the best players going to a super-regional in Dallas in April.

The March 2-3 New Jersey regional will mark a first in the regional combine process: A female player will compete.

Lauren Silberman of New York City will participate as a kicker. A varsity soccer player at Wisconsin, Silberman wrote a Master's thesis at MIT about how athletes use video games to enhance their own performance. She then founded a consulting company Double Play that helps athletes use video games for virtual training purposes." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I'm fine with female kickers. Show those powerful legs!

What's next? Girl running backs?

Oh, wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

...how would that work on kick coverage? Eventually a kicker has to stick their head in there to keep a returner from going the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    ...how would that work on kick coverage? Eventually a kicker has to stick their head in there to keep a returner from going the distance.

What prevents a female from doing that?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What prevents a female from doing that?
    Self preservation? She should be allowed to whatever she wants, but I know I wouldn't even want to step in front of a full back or back up tight end in kick coverage, and I actually played football.

But mostly I was thinking of it from a different standpoint. Will other players be willing to ring her bell, or will she be gently shoved out of the way? I don't know about everyone else, but I just couldn't be a guy who runs over a lady, even if the sport warrants it.

See now....we're thinking about possibly roughing female kickers... This is only going to get better... (popcorn smiley)

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Self preservation? She should be allowed to whatever she wants, but I know I wouldn't even want to step in front of a full back or back up tight end in kick coverage, and I actually played football.

But mostly I was thinking of it from a different standpoint. Will other players be willing to ring her bell, or will she be gently shoved out of the way? I don't know about everyone else, but I just couldn't be a guy who runs over a lady, even if the sport warrants it.
    I think we see so little traditional tackling anymore it's mind blowing to me. How many defensive backs never use their hands and arms to bring someone down. They hurl their bodies at them hoping to knock them down. I also have no doubt we have some Neanderthal players who would go out of their way to clean her clock if given the chance. If a woman can kick well enough, why not? Like male players, she would know the hazards going in.

I think we see so little traditional tackling anymore it's mind blowing to me. How many defensive backs never use their hands and arms to bring someone down. They hurl their bodies at them hoping to knock them down. I also have no doubt we have some Neanderthal players who would go out of their way to clean her clock if given the chance. If a woman can kick well enough, why not? Like male players, she would know the hazards going in.
    If you're truly for equal rights, then you have no problem ringing her bell like any other competitor, she has the equal right to get ran over like any other kicker.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

I suppose your right. Women can be on the frontlines now, so why not?

+ Reply to Thread