+ Reply to Thread

Revisiting Eli Manning's decision to NOT meet Burress and work with his receivers

For those of you who don't remember, this was an article by Stephen A. Smith entitled "Eli dropped the ball with Plaxico". Here is the link:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ew-york-giants

There was one quote from Stephen A. Smith's article that really resonated with me after the game from Eli:

"I didn't know when he was here, or when he wasn't. I didn't know the circumstances. I got 10 receivers here that I'm trying to get prepared for practice today ... so that's what my focus is on."

Eli focused on his receivers this year. He made Nicks better, he made Cruz better, he made Manningham better, AND he made Ballard better.

Plax goes to the Jets and makes a few goal line plays, but really never showed up for Sanchez.

I think Eli, Coughlin, and the Giants exorcised a ton of demons after this game. Silence Plax, their crosstown rivals, and validate their decision not the promise the house to Plax to have him back.

Eli is the heart of this team, and he didn't need Plax.

Veteran

Re: Revisiting Eli Manning's decision to NOT meet Burress and work with his receivers

Eli is all football, it's as simple as that. I remember when Cruz was asked what Eli says in the huddle during 4th quarter drives and he said "he just calls the plays".

For better or worse, he's all about the X's and O's.

Re: Revisiting Eli Manning's decision to NOT meet Burress and work with his receivers

[quote user="NY_Eli"]Eli is all football, it's as simple as that. I remember when Cruz was asked what Eli says in the huddle during 4th quarter drives and he said "he just calls the plays".

For better or worse, he's all about the X's and O's.[/quote]

Eli is litterally the anti-Rex Ryan:

Eli = Offense
    Ryan = Defense

Eli = Skinny
    Ryan = Fat

Eli = Quiet confidence
    Ryan = Loud obnoxious insecurity

Eli = Respectable
    Ryan = Contemptible

Eli = Probably a hand fetish
    Ryan = Public foot fetish

Eli dropped the ball and Burress dropped the soap. Moving on.
    #80 Get better soon.

not 100% sure if I saw this correctly .....nor do I really care if this happened or not....but since this topic came up and Im pretty sure this is what I saw at the stadium and figured I would share....

ok...I only saw this live ....havent seen the game on TV yet so if anyone saw otherwise please say so...

but....ok so the Jets send out Burress out alone for the coin toss as if he is Harry Carson or something.....they were obviously trying to make some kind of statement because during introductions....the Jets introduced the starting D one by one....then Burress.....was amazingly weak if you ask me...

anyway back to the point

I was watching the players during the coin toss pretty closely and I saw Burress greet all the other Giants players and not greet Eli

like I said....I couldn't really care less if this actually happened or not....but im pretty sure thats what i saw

[quote user="YATittle1962"]not 100% sure if I saw this correctly .....nor do I really care if this happened or not....but since this topic came up and Im pretty sure this is what I saw at the stadium and figured I would share....

ok...I only saw this live ....havent seen the game on TV yet so if anyone saw otherwise please say so...

but....ok so the Jets send out Burress out alone for the coin toss as if he is Harry Carson or something.....they were obviously trying to make some kind of statement because during introductions....the Jets introduced the starting D one by one....then Burress.....was amazingly weak if you ask me...

anyway back to the point

I was watching the players during the coin toss pretty closely and I saw Burress greet all the other Giants players and not greet Eli

like I said....I couldn't really care less if this actually happened or not....but im pretty sure thats what i saw[/quote]

thats how i saw it go down too, and it looked like eli was kind of taken back bc of it but almost expected it. he had a kind of "really? i thought u would do that but cant believe u actually did" smirk.

does plex not realize that if it wasnt for eli that he probably wouldnt have had the chance to play football out of jail. he was released by pitt. bc of his attitude and work ethic.

yes he has exceptional talents, but eli made him imo. plex very well could have had the success with another qb had he signed to a diff. team than the giants, but he didnt. how he could have anything besides gratitude towards eli speaks volumes of the kind of attitude and logic plex has.

what a complete scumbag. so eli didnt visit u in jail, ok i can see how u'd be upset at that. but, did plex ever apologize to eli for screwing up that season? did he ever apologize to fans? the only thing he said that came close to an apology was "if that didnt happen we were winning it again that year." which is true, but, to this day i have not seen plex really understand and apologize for what happened. he still thinks hes the vitcim in all this bc of the "gun laws" and "how he was a celebrity so bloomberg made an example out of him"...i wanted plex back before the year if for nothing else to add a dimension to the passing game...

to see how he did anything besides hug eli and actually show him disrespect, turns out eli, like he's been in virtually everything he's done as a giant, was right again.

eli>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>plex x1000

further, how could eli want plax back? how could he or any giants regain trust in him? he was a comple self absorbed premadonna, he literally shot the chance of repeating down.

why would eli want that back? the qb to wr relation is ALL about TRUST, how could eli trust him? how? he couldnt, and for that reason alone i get why eli handled the situation like he did.

**** plaxico burress

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="YATittle1962"]not 100% sure if I saw this correctly .....nor do I really care if this happened or not....but since this topic came up and Im pretty sure this is what I saw at the stadium and figured I would share....

anyway back to the point

like I said....I couldn't really care less if this actually happened or not....but im pretty sure thats what i saw[/quote]

thats how i saw it go down too, and it looked like eli was kind of taken back bc of it but almost expected it. he had a kind of "really? i thought u would do that but cant believe u actually did" smirk.

does plex not realize that if it wasnt for eli that he probably wouldnt have had the chance to play football out of jail. he was released by pitt. bc of his attitude and work ethic.

yes he has exceptional talents, but eli made him imo. plex very well could have had the success with another qb had he signed to a diff. team than the giants, but he didnt. how he could have anything besides gratitude towards eli speaks volumes of the kind of attitude and logic plex has.

what a complete scumbag. so eli didnt visit u in jail, ok i can see how u'd be upset at that. but, did plex ever apologize to eli for screwing up that season? did he ever apologize to fans? the only thing he said that came close to an apology was "if that didnt happen we were winning it again that year." which is true, but, to this day i have not seen plex really understand and apologize for what happened. he still thinks hes the vitcim in all this bc of the "gun laws" and "how he was a celebrity so bloomberg made an example out of him"...i wanted plex back before the year if for nothing else to add a dimension to the passing game...

to see how he did anything besides hug eli and actually show him disrespect, turns out eli, like he's been in virtually everything he's done as a giant, was right again.

eli>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>plex x1000[/quote]

I just re watched in on rewind....as he walks up he very quickly pounds Eli

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="YATittle1962"]not 100% sure if I saw this correctly .....nor do I really care if this happened or not....but since this topic came up and Im pretty sure this is what I saw at the stadium and figured I would share....

anyway back to the point

eli>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>plex x1000[/quote]

I just re watched in on rewind....as he walks up he very quickly pounds Eli[/quote]

Plax learned another lesson. Going to jail makes people "less" likely to hang out with you. Who would have thought?
    #80 Get better soon.