+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants Hire New Defensive Quality Control Coach

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    to control the quality of the defense implemented. PF still gets all the say, but the DQC makes sure it is executed correctly.

Sound good?
    Yes, even if not true
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    what the heck is a defensive quality control coach?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/27/sp...lity.html?_r=0
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

now I understand why the DQCC was replaced, since we had no defensive quality last year so he must have done a bad job...one more thing on the is that this sounds like a job that can be cut to gain some more money

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    now I understand why the DQCC was replaced, since we had no defensive quality last year so he must have done a bad job...one more thing on the is that this sounds like a job that can be cut to gain some more money
    Staff salaries don't inpact the player's CAP

Does he report to Fewell or directly to Mara?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayC View Post
    Hopefully to replace the D-Coordinator without making a public display of it......."No Perry we're not firing you.....we're just taking away all of your duties and placing them in the hands of our new 'quality control' guy........your job is safe......publically"
    I guarantee you it is not that. lol

I remember seeing the job description of a coach on the offensive side with the same QC moniker. They are not really big time impact guys; just guys with narrow (important) duties to plug holes that the coaches don't have time to do. View it as a staff position rahter than a line position. Advisory (at a mid level) rather than a guy with a real span of control.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by blueribbon View Post
    Does he report to Fewell or directly to Mara?
    It's an entry level position and reports to Fewell either directly or indirectly. No one on the coaching staff technically reports to Mr. Mara.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's an entry level position and reports to Fewell either directly or indirectly. No one on the coaching staff technically reports to Mr. Mara.
    I thought the OP was suggesting that the QC coach was the owner's eyes and ears inside the locker room.........maybe I mis-read the thought behind the post. BTW the owner doesn't need spies or whatever one would call them to know what's really going on.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I thought the OP was suggesting that the QC coach was the owner's eyes and ears inside the locker room.........maybe I mis-read the thought behind the post. BTW the owner doesn't need spies or whatever one would call them to know what's really going on.
    I've read a few articles, mostly old, that pretty much label this an entry level position. John Mara knows what's going on with this team, as you suggest. He is smart enough not to try to "be" the HC or GM.

+ Reply to Thread