+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Giants Hire New Defensive Quality Control Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    There's no such thing as bad players ... just bad coaches.
    LOL, can't find the red font?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Now we should hire Buddy Ryan as Offensive Quality Control coach. Yeah he was known more for defense, but he's not afraid to punch killdrive, and that's all the quality control I need...
    I second this... Someone get this man a cold beverage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    LOL, can't find the red font?
    You or me? Because I'm totally serious

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    No, you apparently have no ability to grade players at all if all of them are supposedly great but coaching is the problem.

Like perry said, guys were in position to make plays, but failed to do it. Webster the game against Baltimore shows that. His technique was good most of the game. He was in position to get his hand on the ball and break up plays. But he didn't. That's not fewells fault.
    Great example ... you have a CB having difficulty being on an island ... where's the Safety help?

Nuff said.

You or me? Because I'm totally serious
    Well, go figure. Let's say you were the DC at the start of 2012. Your expectation would logically be that the "Fearsome Foursome" would return at the same level as they ended 2011. It would seem logical that you, the DC, would plan your defense around those proven, heralded players.

Instead, you ended up with the Terrible Twosome in Tuck and Umenyiora. How would you have foreseen that? Given their veteran status, what would you have done to have them play up to their expectations? The CBA doesn't allow for a lot of contact practice, hell you can't wear pads most of the time now. I can buy that everyone has a hand in wins and losses, but to give those particular players a pass is really beyond logical.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-21-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Great example ... you have a CB having difficulty being on an island ... where's the Safety help?

Nuff said.
    Difficulties? But isn't everyone "great" just by virtue of being in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Difficulties? But isn't everyone "great" just by virtue of being in the NFL?
    Yes ... great athletes. This is why scheme and coaching are so important.

Well, go figure. Let's say you were the DC at the start of 2012. Your expectation would logically be that the "Fearsome Foursome" would return at the same level as they ended 2011. It would seem logical that you, the DC, would plan your defense around those proven, heralded players.

Instead, you ended up with the Terrible Twosome in Tuck and Umenyiora. How would you have foreseen that? Given their veteran status, what would you have done to have them play up to their expectations? The CBA doesn't allow for a lot of contact practice, hell you can't wear pads most of the time now. I can buy that everyone has a hand in wins and losses, but to give those particular players a pass is really beyond logical.
    Ok again, great example. What do you do as a DC when your pass rush isn't getting home and you want to apply pressure? You blitz. The Giants were one of the least blitzing defenses in 2012. That's on the coach. What did PF do? He dialed up the same rush again and again and again. Heck the DTs were playing almost identical techs every snap. That's atrocious coaching.

Yes player productivity can decline. When you have multiple players mysteriously "decline" in the same year, you have to look at the coach.

Notice that JPP was a force the first half of the season and almost non-existent the second half? Do you think he declined too? Same with Linval Joseph.

One player I can buy ... if it was just CWeb or just Tuck or just Osi or just JPP or just Joseph ... then anomaly. When it's all of them .... coaching.

Ok again, great example. What do you do as a DC when your pass rush isn't getting home and you want to apply pressure? You blitz. The Giants were one of the least blitzing defenses in 2012. That's on the coach. What did PF do? He dialed up the same rush again and again and again. Heck the DTs were playing almost identical techs every snap. That's atrocious coaching.

Yes player productivity can decline. When you have multiple players mysteriously "decline" in the same year, you have to look at the coach.

Notice that JPP was a force the first half of the season and almost non-existent the second half? Do you think he declined too? Same with Linval Joseph.

One player I can buy ... if it was just CWeb or just Tuck or just Osi or just JPP or just Joseph ... then anomaly. When it's all of them .... coaching.
    We'll just agree to disagree. Players have to be responsible for something besides cashing their checks.

We'll just agree to disagree. Players have to be responsible for something besides cashing their checks.
    So do coaches.

And you know me ... I've never been one to bash coaches quickly. I've always been a KG supporter (and still am) and I've usually been a TC supporter.

I had to give PF credit for how 2011 ended, but let's face it ... the guy's laurels consists of four games over three years.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 02-21-2013 at 02:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread