+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Giants Hire New Defensive Quality Control Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Yes ... great athletes. This is why scheme and coaching are so important.
    So any player that sucks in the NFL does so because of his coaches, even if other players in the same scheme are excelling?

Great example ... you have a CB having difficulty being on an island ... where's the Safety help?

Nuff said.
    LOL

What do you do when the pass rush isnt getting to the QB AND the DBs cant cover?

Then you cant blitz or double guys.

Then Fewell has to resort to magic.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    LOL

What do you do when the pass rush isnt getting to the QB AND the DBs cant cover?

Then you cant blitz or double guys.

Then Fewell has to resort to magic.
    If the pass rush isn't getting there and the DBs can't cover, you HAVE to blitz. That's just defense 101. Either that or watch some team throw up a 50 burger on you.

Accordingly. sometimes you just have to give props to the team you're playing against, Since you brought up the Ravens game this year, how many times was Webster in perfect position, made a play on the ball and Torrey Smith still caught it? Some of those plays weren't a result of "bad" play by CWeb, but rather outstanding play by Flacco/Smith. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Again, if it was just one guy, I'd concede the point. When it's more than half your unit, some of which are Pro Bowl caliber players, you have to look at the coach. I don't understand why this is such a hard concept for you to follow. Sometimes it's not everybody else ... sometimes it's just you (re: PF).

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    So any player that sucks in the NFL does so because of his coaches, even if other players in the same scheme are excelling?
    You're a big boy, you'll figure it out.

If the pass rush isn't getting there and the DBs can't cover, you HAVE to blitz. That's just defense 101. Either that or watch some team throw up a 50 burger on you.
    So you are saying webster shouldn't have received any safety help against the ravens then.

I thought you were just arguing that he should have had safety help?

I love how no matter the play call its the coaches fault.

And surely you can't be rewarding flacco and Torrey smith for making plays, there are no good players. Clearly coaching is the reason smith caught those balls instead of Webster.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    So you are saying webster shouldn't have received any safety help against the ravens then.

I thought you were just arguing that he should have had safety help?

I love how no matter the play call its the coaches fault.

And surely you can't be rewarding flacco and Torrey smith for making plays, there are no good players. Clearly coaching is the reason smith caught those balls instead of Webster.
    Ahhh the tragedy of a man out of ideas.

Ahhh the tragedy of a man out of ideas.
    How do you double receivers and blitz? Use more than 11 players would make the most sense.

You're a big boy, you'll figure it out.
    It's a question to you, I just want to be clear with your position. A simple yes, or no, will suffice.

+ Reply to Thread