+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 78
  1. #51
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    96,810
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Thats a very interesting bit of trivia, but it's still the stupidest thing I've ever heard of!
    Then you don't understand what they do.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Now we should hire Buddy Ryan as Offensive Quality Control coach. Yeah he was known more for defense, but he's not afraid to punch killdrive, and that's all the quality control I need...
    best one I heard yet!!!! Put me on list for this.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Ahahahahahahaha. You're kidding, right?
    Nope ... you don't get to this level by being "bad" (one of the really annoying adjectives I see thrown around). Players' physical skills can diminish and their judgment and/or technique can be poor in any given situation, but to reach the NFL level you are good at what you do.

    After that it's all up to the coaches to put you in a position to succeed.

  4. #54
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Nope ... you don't get to this level by being "bad" (one of the really annoying adjectives I see thrown around). Players' physical skills can diminish and their judgment and/or technique can be poor in any given situation, but to reach the NFL level you are good at what you do.

    After that it's all up to the coaches to put you in a position to succeed.
    Ahahahaha. Most players drafted do not have the complete skill set to play in the nfl.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Isn't that how Belichick started out? Maybe another coach?
    Bellichick started as a water boy (literally).

    Most coaches will have passed through some type of "quality control" position at some point in their careers. It's just another term for "assistant".

  6. #56
    seems to me that Belichek started his career in the NFL with a position like this, pretty much a gopher for whatever was needed....

  7. #57
    Starter Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Posts
    417
    Have we ever had a "quality control" coach in the past? This is interesting to me. It must be more of a means to get more insight on defending the option, and it seems Perry wasn't too caught up in that scheme. I believe we play the NFC West this year, also. 1/4 of our games will be against RGIII(2x), RW3, and Kaepernick.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Ahahahaha. Most players drafted do not have the complete skill set to play in the nfl.
    And by "complete skill set" do you mean a "coachable" skill set?

    Sorry I just don't have your bad/great method of grading players.

    And I'm of the firm belief if you point at more than one player as being "bad" in a given season on the same unit, you should be looking at their coach.

    History seems to back me up here.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 02-21-2013 at 11:41 AM.

  9. #59
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    96,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Have we ever had a "quality control" coach in the past? This is interesting to me. It must be more of a means to get more insight on defending the option, and it seems Perry wasn't too caught up in that scheme. I believe we play the NFC West this year, also. 1/4 of our games will be against RGIII(2x), RW3, and Kaepernick.
    We used to call them "assistants"
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  10. #60
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    And by "complete skill set" do you mean a "coachable" skill set?

    Sorry I just don't have your bad/great method of grading players.

    And I'm of the firm belief if you point at more than one player as being "bad" in a given season on the same unit, you should be looking at their coach.

    History seems to back me up here.
    No, you apparently have no ability to grade players at all if all of them are supposedly great but coaching is the problem.

    Like perry said, guys were in position to make plays, but failed to do it. Webster the game against Baltimore shows that. His technique was good most of the game. He was in position to get his hand on the ball and break up plays. But he didn't. That's not fewells fault.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts