+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mingo 19.

Mingo 19.

I've seen Mingo dropping to the Giants in a lot of recent mocks. Do you think he would fit in here? What position would he play? He may be light at 240ish but Bruce Irvin had a great rookie year playing DE in a 4-3.

Irvin wasent a full time DE. Just a sub package rusher.

Mingo would likely play what position Kiwi has for the giants. A Sam Lb on running downs and then sub package rusher on throwing downs.

I think he could fit well in that role, but he still scares me a bit as a prospect

if Mingo or Jordan come to NY.. they will be strong side LBs

I've seen some mocks today with Vaccaro at #19

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

Mingo would likely play what position Kiwi has for the giants. A Sam Lb on running downs and then sub package rusher on throwing downs.

I think he could fit well in that role, but he still scares me a bit as a prospect
    That's what I was thinking. He is so athletic but kinda raw.

scares me 2 but he is so fast off the edge. LSU prospects are coached terribly. Mingo could be an elite player the tools are there

I'll have to go back and watch, but did Mingo play predominately one side? Was he better on the left or right or no difference?

Curious where they could use him. JPP is much better from the right DE spot. Does not seem to dip as well going the other direction

But perhaps Mingo could be a poor mans Von miller, but play exactly the same role. Get him against a right tackle who may be a bit slower and he could cause all sorts of havoc. Undersized pass rushers against right tackles in sub packages is going to be the big thing to do the next few years
    Last edited by slipknottin; 02-20-2013 at 12:19 PM.

I'll have to go back and watch, but did Mingo play predominately one side? Was he better on the left or right or no difference?

Curious where they could use him. JPP is much better from the right DE spot. Does not seem to dip as well going the other direction

But perhaps Mingo could be a poor mans Von miller, but play exactly the same role. Get him against a right tackle who may be a bit slower and he could cause all sorts of havoc. Undersized pass rushers against right tackles in sub packages is going to be the big thing to do the next few years
    He played predominantly left side from what I've seen so that works out perfectly for us. I just feel that if we could turn a guy as raw as JPP into an All-Pro, imagine what we could do with Mingo.

Isn't he projected to be a 3-4 OLB?

I feel like he's just another Kiwi in our system, and Kiwi is pretty much locked up this year. It would almost cost more in cap space to cut him than to keep him on board this year.
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Isn't he projected to be a 3-4 OLB?
    Doesn't really matter. Situational pass rushers don't need to be big.