+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mingo 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I feel like he's just another Kiwi in our system, and Kiwi is pretty much locked up this year. It would almost cost more in cap space to cut him than to keep him on board this year.
    Unless you make kiwi a full time DE. He struggled a ton this past year at LB

I feel like he's just another Kiwi in our system, and Kiwi is pretty much locked up this year. It would almost cost more in cap space to cut him than to keep him on board this year.
    Mingo is much faster and a lot more fluid in space. This would push Kiwi into a 3rd DE role taking snaps From Tuck and JPP. On passing downs u put kiwi inside with Tuck and play Mingo at LE.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Mingo is much faster and a lot more fluid in space. This would push Kiwi into a 3rd DE role taking snaps From Tuck and JPP. On passing downs u put kiwi inside with Tuck and play Mingo at LE.
    And who would we get for an OT?

Post 4/20 mock draft:
    Round 1: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
    Round 2: ASJ, TE, Washington
    Round 3: Marcus Martin, C, USC
    Round 4: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
    Round 5: Khairi Fortt, OLB, California
    Round 6: Ethan Westbrooks, DE, West Texas A&M
    Round 6 comp: Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State

And who would we get for an OT?
    Beatty?

Thats a scary NASCAR package

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    He played predominantly left side from what I've seen so that works out perfectly for us. I just feel that if we could turn a guy as raw as JPP into an All-Pro, imagine what we could do with Mingo.
    Yeah id say 80% if not higher are on the Left side.

This is a 24 minute Mingo video I did from 2012

Here is SC

Clemson he was great

He is so athletic watch him against the read option. i think he is the best in the draft against it. Watch the Oregon game from last year . They option him on the back side and he chases down lamichael James before he crosses the line of scrimmage insane play

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Beatty?
    Well, if JR can pull cap space out of his *** again, then i'm all for it... but I honestly can't see us being able to retain Beatty compared to what other teams will offer him. We NEED an OT round 1. No ifs ands or buts about it...

Post 4/20 mock draft:
    Round 1: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
    Round 2: ASJ, TE, Washington
    Round 3: Marcus Martin, C, USC
    Round 4: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
    Round 5: Khairi Fortt, OLB, California
    Round 6: Ethan Westbrooks, DE, West Texas A&M
    Round 6 comp: Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State

Well, if JR can pull cap space out of his *** again, then i'm all for it... but I honestly can't see us being able to retain Beatty compared to what other teams will offer him. We NEED an OT round 1. No ifs ands or buts about it...
    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas

Now that we're on the topic of situational passrushers, what about Dion Jordan?

scares me 2 but he is so fast off the edge. LSU prospects are coached terribly. Mingo could be an elite player the tools are there
    This. I like what Mingo could bring to the team, but I've become a bit worried about taking LSU defensive players. Chavis is a great coordinator but they always seem so poorly coached. They get elite recruits and they just never seem to be anymore than just raw talent. With all that said, depending on who was on the board, I don't see myself complaining at all if we ended up with Mingo. I thought he was going to be a top 10 pick.