+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mingo 19.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Now that we're on the topic of situational passrushers, what about Dion Jordan?
    Same as Mingo. Sam LB and third down/passing situation edge rusher unless they move JPP to LE. Though he's probably even harder to place than Mingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    if Mingo or Jordan come to NY.. they will be strong side LBs

I've seen some mocks today with Vaccaro at #19
    If thats the kind of project were going with, id rather Jordan....He'd play the Kiwi situational pass rusher/SLB role better than Mingo imo...

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Doesn't really matter. Situational pass rushers don't need to be big.
    Wasn't referring to size ... just lack of fit (ala Clint Sintim).

Banned
    You think Perry Fewell will use either of these guys well?

I'd rather pick Ansah if this ends up being the direction Reese goes in. Can we pick a player that's really good at one position rather than just above average at two? The first round should be used to pick starters for the future, not situational players.

not sold on him and he will most likely be gone by time we pick.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    If thats the kind of project were going with, id rather Jordan....He'd play the Kiwi situational pass rusher/SLB role better than Mingo imo...
    Why Jordan doesnt have a true position and has nowhere near the explosive quickness Mingo has. Dion Jordan is under developed for his frame he is more of a crap shoot than Mingo

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    not sold on him and he will most likely be gone by time we pick.
    I dont think it will matter either. He has to much physical ability to get to the Giants

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fharcyde View Post
    I'd rather pick Ansah if this ends up being the direction Reese goes in. Can we pick a player that's really good at one position rather than just above average at two? The first round should be used to pick starters for the future, not situational players.
    Well yea so would I but this was basically based on the latest Walter mock which had Ansah @ 6 and Mingo dropping to the giants. Bucky Brooks has us taking Fluker with Richardson and Ansah on the board which I find ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Fharcyde View Post
    I like Ansah but if Tuck bounces back which is doubtful and with Kiwi u then have a logjam at Strongside end. At least with Mingo he plays LB and is used to situationally rushing from he tStrongside. Imagine blitzing Mingo on the edge around JPP. Now if Mingo could just get the QB to the ground when he gets there.