+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Tom Coughlin: Potential Replacements If Giants' Coach Did Retire

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/2/20...an-lovie-smith

Excerpt: "Here are a few candidates. I compiled this list, incidentally, keeping in mind the franchise's long-established tendency to try and stay in-house, or at least stay with people it has some type of past relationship with.

The In-House Candidate

Perry Fewell -- I can hear you screaming "nooooooooooooooooooooooooo" already. Reality is, however, that Fewell would likely be at the top of the list if Coughlin were to ride off into the sunset after 2013. That would be especially true if 2013 is a good year for the Giants, and maybe a fait accompli if they happen to win a Super Bowl title. The franchise knows Fewell, he would almost certainly have Coughlin's support and Fewell could easily be back on the "hot candidate" list after 2013.

The Rising Former Giants' Assistant

Mike Sullivan -- Sullivan has gone from Giants' quarterback's coach under Coughlin to offensive coordinator of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He received interest from the Chicago Bears for their head-coaching position after Lovie Smith was fired. It seems logical the Giants would consider him." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-20-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/2/20...an-lovie-smithExcerpt: "Here are a few candidates. I compiled this list, incidentally, keeping in mind the franchise's long-established tendency to try and stay in-house, or at least stay with people it has some type of past relationship with.

The In-House Candidate

Perry Fewell
    -- I can hear you screaming "nooooooooooooooooooooooooo"already. Reality is, however, that Fewell would likely be at the top of the list if Coughlin were to ride off into the sunset after 2013. That would be especially true if 2013 is a good year for the Giants, and maybe a fait accompli if they happen to win a Super Bowl title. The franchise knows Fewell, he would almost certainly have Coughlin's support and Fewell could easily be back on the "hot candidate" list after 2013.

Mike Sullivan
    -- Sullivan has gone from Giants' quarterback's coach under Coughlin to offensive coordinator of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He received interest from the Chicago Bears for their head-coaching position after Lovie Smith was fired. It seems logical the Giants would consider him." Read more...

Cowher is still cooling his Jets

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Cowher is still cooling his Jets
    And that should be his next coaching job

And that should be his next coaching job
    What's the beef with Cowher RF?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    What's the beef with Cowher RF?
    I don't understand what everyone sees in him.

Long solid run with a similarly stable organization puts him ahead of PF and KG for me. Others could fire me up more than BC but for any of us who lived through Ray Handley..................I place a premium on a guy with a track record as a HC. Just me.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I liked Cowher a few years ago. I just think he's been out of football too long now.

The game has literally changed a ton since he's been a coach.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/2/20...an-lovie-smith

Excerpt: "Here are a few candidates. I compiled this list, incidentally, keeping in mind the franchise's long-established tendency to try and stay in-house, or at least stay with people it has some type of past relationship with.

The In-House Candidate

Perry Fewell -- I can hear you screaming "nooooooooooooooooooooooooo" already. Reality is, however, that Fewell would likely be at the top of the list if Coughlin were to ride off into the sunset after 2013. That would be especially true if 2013 is a good year for the Giants, and maybe a fait accompli if they happen to win a Super Bowl title. The franchise knows Fewell, he would almost certainly have Coughlin's support and Fewell could easily be back on the "hot candidate" list after 2013.

Mike Sullivan -- Sullivan has gone from Giants' quarterback's coach under Coughlin to offensive coordinator of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He received interest from the Chicago Bears for their head-coaching position after Lovie Smith was fired. It seems logical the Giants would consider him." Read more...