+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Coughlin: Potential Replacements If Giants' Coach Did Retire

don't actually expect TC to retire anytime soon..but if he does plz no KG or PF

GET WELL SOON

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    don't actually expect TC to retire anytime soon..but if he does plz no KG or PF
    I think we're safe for another year or two.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think we're safe for another year or two.
    yea that's what i was thinking. when he does eventually retire i hope we get a young innovative coach like Jim Harbaugh minus the antics and bad attitude

GET WELL SOON

If we some how won the SB this year in our own stadium, I could see him walking off into the sunset, with the HOF a lock. Anything short of that, I don't see him leaving for a few years.

id like lovie

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/2/20...an-lovie-smith

Excerpt: "Here are a few candidates. I compiled this list, incidentally, keeping in mind the franchise's long-established tendency to try and stay in-house, or at least stay with people it has some type of past relationship with.

The In-House Candidate

Perry Fewell -- I can hear you screaming "nooooooooooooooooooooooooo" already. Reality is, however, that Fewell would likely be at the top of the list if Coughlin were to ride off into the sunset after 2013. That would be especially true if 2013 is a good year for the Giants, and maybe a fait accompli if they happen to win a Super Bowl title. The franchise knows Fewell, he would almost certainly have Coughlin's support and Fewell could easily be back on the "hot candidate" list after 2013.

The Rising Former Giants' Assistant

Mike Sullivan -- Sullivan has gone from Giants' quarterback's coach under Coughlin to offensive coordinator of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He received interest from the Chicago Bears for their head-coaching position after Lovie Smith was fired. It seems logical the Giants would consider him." Read more...
    shocked_face.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dnotch121 View Post
    id like lovie
    tumblr_m3wyak0vDA1qg39ewo1_500.jpg
    Last edited by blueribbon; 02-20-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Gilbride has stuck around for a while....I'm pretty sure if this is Coughlin's last year KG will be the guy he'd recommend to be his successor.

I think Giants management will respect his wishes too.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Gilbride has stuck around for a while....I'm pretty sure if this is Coughlin's last year KG will be the guy he'd recommend to be his successor.

I think Giants management will respect his wishes too.
    How much would it cost to hire Buddy Ryan as the "professional killdrive puncher"?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    How much would it cost to hire Buddy Ryan as the "professional killdrive puncher"?
    Vet minimum?

+ Reply to Thread