+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    What's the beef with Cowher RF?
    I don't understand what everyone sees in him.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Long solid run with a similarly stable organization puts him ahead of PF and KG for me. Others could fire me up more than BC but for any of us who lived through Ray Handley..................I place a premium on a guy with a track record as a HC. Just me.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Long solid run with a similarly stable organization puts him ahead of PF and KG for me. Others could fire me up more than BC but for any of us who lived through Ray Handley..................
    I just think they will go with someone they have in house or have had in house. I don't think Cowher can hold a candle to TC but that's just me. Luckily I don't get a vote lol
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-20-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I just think they will go with someone they have in house or had had in house. I don't think Cowher can hold a candle to TC but that's just me. Luckily I don't get a vote lol
    I agree about Cowher not holding a candle to TC. It's the other part that concerns me. "In house" means PF and KG to me and that makes me more than uncomfortable. As for guys who came through here, I'd have to see the list to comment.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I agree about Cowher not holding a candle to TC. It's the other part that concerns me. "In house" means PF and KG to me and that makes me more than uncomfortable. As for guys who came through here, I'd have to see the list to comment.
    If we make the playoffs in 2013, I think Fewell will get an outside offer. I am not sure they would promote Gilbride. He tried his hand at HC in San Diego and let's just say he didn't overwhelm. Some coaches are just not cut out for HC.

I wouldn't mind Brian Kelly. Look what he did for Cincinnati and now how he is turning around Notre Dame

Mr. JOHN MADDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why so many have ill feelings towards the current in-house coordinators moving up to HC. Complain all you want about KG, but he helped coach an offense who many experts dismissed as mediocre to 2 championships. His son is also following in his footsteps by coaching on this team as well. Love/Hate Fewell, but has what it takes to be a good HC in today's league. I think both men earned that opportunity, as well as Mike Sullivan. Neither of these guys are Ray Handley. And no for Cowher.

I liked Cowher a few years ago. I just think he's been out of football too long now.

The game has literally changed a ton since he's been a coach.

I'd take Spags or Cowher (but I'm not crazy about hiring a coach who has been out of the league for so long).

If not those two, then I want a coordinator from a consistently winning program like the Steelers, Ravens, Packers, or Pats. Is Pepper Johnson considered HC material in the making?

I like KG, but not as HC and I don't like the idea of Fewell there as well.