+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Have to come away with a legitimate pass rusher this draft
    Pass rush can't do a thing if the QB can just step up in the pocket. Honestly I think getting Justin Tuck and Overpursuing Umenyiora off the field and getting younger blood out there in rotation (along with making Kiwi a permanent DE instead of switching him up all the time) will give the pass rush what it needs at the DE level. But unless we pick a DT that can collapse the pocket (which is why I picked Jesse Williams despite his 3-4 pedigree; we can use him the way New England uses Wilfork after they converted to 4-3), you could have JPP lining up across from freaking JJ Watt and you'd still get destroyed by any QB that's not afraid to step up in the pocket.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Pass rush can't do a thing if the QB can just step up in the pocket. Honestly I think getting Justin Tuck and Overpursuing Umenyiora off the field and getting younger blood out there in rotation (along with making Kiwi a permanent DE instead of switching him up all the time) will give the pass rush what it needs at the DE level. But unless we pick a DT that can collapse the pocket (which is why I picked Jesse Williams despite his 3-4 pedigree; we can use him the way New England uses Wilfork after they converted to 4-3), you could have JPP lining up across from freaking JJ Watt and you'd still get destroyed by any QB that's not afraid to step up in the pocket.
    So to solve our pass rushing problems you're banking on a 3rd round pick to play like a hall of famer.

So to solve our pass rushing problems you're banking on a 3rd round pick to play like a hall of famer.
    No I'm banking on Linval Joseph and a 3rd rounder to just not give a crapton of ground. JPP, Kiwi, Tracy, and Ojomo will get the job done outside, and there's a lot more important things to fix.

Veteran
    No I'm banking on Linval Joseph and a 3rd rounder to just not give a crapton of ground. JPP, Kiwi, Tracy, and Ojomo will get the job done outside, and there's a lot more important things to fix.
    There's only one position more important than pass rusher. It isn't rt or ilb. Ojomo might not even make the team this year.

There's only one position more important than pass rusher. It isn't rt or ilb. Ojomo might not even make the team this year.
    Why do you think Ojomo might not make the team? So far with the additions we have had with our futures contracts and FA and with the loss of Osi, Ojomo probably will make the team. Obviously this changes after FA and the draft.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by teaneck View Post
    Why do you think Ojomo might not make the team? So far with the additions we have had with our futures contracts and FA and with the loss of Osi, Ojomo probably will make the team. Obviously this changes after FA and the draft.
    Right now, kiwi jpp tuck and tracy are all above him on the depth chart. He barely made the team last year and didn't dress. He had 3 sacks last preseason, broha had 2.5 and we have resigned him. If we take a de early, his job is by no means secure.

Ojomo is more likely to contribute than Tuck is... at least if he makes the team. Tuck is beyond done now, like Webster and Diehl... there's a reason I didn't mention him in my list of current DE.

I'm all in if the Giants take Lane Johnson if available and IF of course Beatty doesn't get ink BUT otherwise slim chance he gets drafted with Will on board.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I'm all in if the Giants take Lane Johnson if available and IF of course Beatty doesn't get ink BUT otherwise slim chance he gets drafted with Will on board.
    This whole draft is based on us not re-signing any of our UFA, which includes Beatty... there would be a whole different draft order otherwise.

This whole draft is based on us not re-signing any of our UFA, which includes Beatty... there would be a whole different draft order otherwise.
    In that case yout first 5 picks are solid rock, I don't see the need to " waste a pick " on a PK, you can get them as an UDRFA and Buehler is already on board. A WR ? There's enough in stable and have lots of guys in practice squad to compete IMO.