+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants' Co-OwnerJohn Mara Reiterates Desire To Keep Will Beatty In Blue

http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/22/...eatty-in-blue/

Excerpt: "The New York Giants have made it no secret that offensive tackle Will Beatty is one of their top offseason priorities. They've gone on record as saying they'd like to sign him to a long-term deal, and co-owner John Marareiterated that on Thursday. However, he also remains convinced that using the franchise tag to retain Beatty is unlikely.

“Oh definitely. We want him back. I guess we could, if we wanted to, use the [franchise] tag on him, but I don’t know that I see that happening…He’s a good player. We think he’s an ascending player, and he’s somebody we’d like to have on our team.” Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I dont think there's any way we'll lose Beatty. The guy will be a Giant for many more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I dont think there's any way we'll lose Beatty. The guy will be a Giant for many more years.
    He may get offers we can't match as a top 5 LT free agent
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I hope so...good thing is there are a lot of pretty good tackles in this years draft. If Beatty and Andre Brown pan out...that '09 draft won't look so bad. Nicks, Beatty, Andre Brown.

if we lose beatty were ****ed
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    if we lose beatty were ****ed
    that's one way to say it haha

Starter
    I think it comes down to, if all offers are close to equal, is he happy playing for the Giants? All indications seem to be yes.

We need to sign this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/22/...eatty-in-blue/

Excerpt: "The New York Giants have made it no secret that offensive tackle Will Beatty is one of their top offseason priorities. They've gone on record as saying they'd like to sign him to a long-term deal, and co-owner John Marareiterated that on Thursday. However, he also remains convinced that using the franchise tag to retain Beatty is unlikely.

“Oh definitely. We want him back. I guess we could, if we wanted to, use the [franchise] tag on him, but I don’t know that I see that happening…He’s a good player. We think he’s an ascending player, and he’s somebody we’d like to have on our team.” Read more...

As you say we need O LINE help

Football games are won in the trenches. The trenches are where the real battle of will happens. It is you and your 250lbs, your years of training, your speed, your dedication, and your will shoving around a sweaty grunting man beast bent on sending you to the ground. Trying his hardest to beat you in the most basic one-on-one battle that exists. Biding his time to embarrass you and steal the glory. This is where you fight back to become an all-star and avoid a face full of turf. Credit goes to I forgot to get the name for the quote sorry about that. yikes what a DUH
    Last edited by ibbill; 02-22-2013 at 06:39 PM.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He may get offers we can't match as a top 5 LT free agent
    Just to clarify, he is a top 5 among free agents available this year, not top 5 in the league. Right??

Because if someone is going to pay him like he's one of the 5 best in the league at LT right now, we need to focus on plan B.
    No one remembers who came in second.