+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Giants' John Mara Says He Does Not See Tom Coughlin Retiring In The Near Future

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Dont get me wrong Id love nothing more, but I dont see this happening. The Giants season next year is not gonna be pretty. They have too many holes, and are relying heavily on young talent. I see this as a rebuilding year, and I know thats not what anyone wants to hear. In2 years tho, the Giants could be back on top for sure, with some good drafting and hopefully some luck with some of our other players and there injuries.
    I don't think we have so many holes that we can't be in contention. We won't know until we see the final 53, but we haven't even had the draft or FA. Let's see what Reese pulls out of the hat before we dump the season.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    I believe the team won't push him out, he will retire when he wants to retire. He could retire after this year if we go balls to the wall and win another superbowl but I feel he's got a good 2 - 3 years left.
    I just cringe when I hear the words "retire when HE WANTS to retire." It is not his call, it is the organization's call. As a Nittany Lion alum I am perhaps overly sensitive to attitudes like that getting way beyond reality.

Let's keep it simple and real. He will coach as long as JR and ownership believe he has the goods to win a championship. At his age, where people can start to slip, that could be as little as one year or as many as a few. It is a year to year decision and while he can choose to leave, it is his bosses decision on whether he continues to have an offer to stay.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I just cringe when I hear the words "retire when HE WANTS to retire." It is not his call, it is the organization's call. As a Nittany Lion alum I am perhaps overly sensitive to attitudes like that getting way beyond reality.

Let's keep it simple and real. He will coach as long as JR and ownership believe he has the goods to win a championship. At his age, where people can start to slip, that could be as little as one year or as many as a few. It is a year to year decision and while he can choose to leave, it is his bosses decision on whether he continues to have an offer to stay.
    I have seen nor heard anything about his losing it.. Just because someone gets older doesn't mean he can't still coach. I'm pretty sure they arent keeping track of his 40 times. As long as his mind is sound and he isn't have any health problems it shouldn't be of concern. IMO he's not losing it, hes as good as he ever was..

I think Coughlin will know when his time has come. I also agree the FO won't allow him to coach in senility.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Yes, he will.
    so he can have another 2nd half collapse. Well, nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Just seeing him on the sideline he does not give the impression of a guy looking to retire.
    It's not just the sidelines; the dude genuinely seems like he is living the dream.
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    It's not just the sidelines; the dude genuinely seems like he is living the dream.
    That sounds about right.

Veteran

Absolutely. Good Post.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think Coughlin will know when his time has come. I also agree the FO won't allow him to coach in senility.
    Yes and Yes, I just thought the rhetoric of some posters was running away from reality RF.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Yes and Yes, I just thought the rhetoric of some posters was running away from reality RF.
    We do tend to take things to the extreme around here, except about Eli

+ Reply to Thread