+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' John Mara Says He Does Not See Tom Coughlin Retiring In The Near Future

First and Foremost, I want to say I'm a Giants fan,

But I am not sure about Mara and his words. He is a great coach, but he is getting very old and although he loves football, things can set him back. Let's not think he is an invincible man.

Yours Truly,
    The Mokester

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Lets say he won another Super Bowl this year. Would he retire?
    Perhaps, but he's just been given a lot of latitude by the only person that matters.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Tom Coughlin needs to remember he's a coach first. Once he realizes this and starts holding other coaches and players accountable for not holding up their end of the bargin by, playing sloppy consistently, hardly showing up to play football, or even if they do, and they just don't have it anymore, to get someone else to share reps or take there starting postion duties away from them. Learn to utilize his talents better. Other than that he's a solid coach.

My buddy that works for Liedkie moving company (moves the Giants equipment) has texted me before saying that Coughlin was running on the treadmill and doesn't even look like a dude that you would guess being in his upper 60's. I can see this guy coaching until 75 and living until 102.

Great coach, better person. So glad we have someone like him as our HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    My buddy that works for Liedkie moving company (moves the Giants equipment) has texted me before saying that Coughlin was running on the treadmill and doesn't even look like a dude that you would guess being in his upper 60's. I can see this guy coaching until 75 and living until 102.

Great coach, better person. So glad we have someone like him as our HC.
    John Mara said that last year when they extended his contract.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Will he say that if we have another 9-7 season?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Will he say that if we have another 9-7 season?
    Yes, he will.

as i stated in a thread yesterday if TC wins the superbowl on his own field in February 14 i think he will retire after that!

what better way to go out than on top and probably on top as the only nfl head coach to win a title on his home field!

if he can accomplish that it serves as topics of conversation forever and ever imo!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    as i stated in a thread yesterday if TC wins the superbowl on his own field in February 14 i think he will retire after that!

what better way to go out than on top and probably on top as the only nfl head coach to win a title on his home field!

if he can accomplish that it serves as topics of conversation forever and ever imo!
    He might and then again, he may feel as though they can keep the momentum going.

Dam finally a bright side to Giants news. I really hope he sticks it out for another few years minimum.

Hes not one of the best coaches the Giants frachise has had, he is THE best, hands down. (Go ahead bash all you want)

What he did to this team, completely rebuilt a disgusting team, got 2 rings in a league that is more competetive than ever. I think hes earned the right to finish out his career here and leave on his own terms.

Kudos to Mara for making a statement like this and setting the record straight.

+ Reply to Thread