+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Giants' John Mara Says He Does Not See Tom Coughlin Retiring In The Near Future

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Dam finally a bright side to Giants news. I really hope he sticks it out for another few years minimum.

Hes not one of the best coaches the Giants frachise has had, he is THE best, hands down. (Go ahead bash all you want)

What he did to this team, completely rebuilt a disgusting team, got 2 rings in a league that is more competetive than ever. I think hes earned the right to finish out his career here and leave on his own terms.

Kudos to Mara for making a statement like this and setting the record straight.
    John Mara seems to be very protective of TC in terms of rumors that circulate regarding his demise.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

One more dream season....i.see him and Eli getting one more title, I really do....next season motto: 1 more time! Eli and Tom and Kevin Gilbride and Snee and tuck, maybe osi, hixon, kp deserve one more...have neen so good together

I'm not sure "near future" means "years" with an s. I wouldn't want to break up the nucleus tho, not next year. Gonna be a Lombardi year for the NYGiants.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    The " Nature Boy " of coaching ? Woooooo ! That's funny bro.

I think unless it gets really out of hand, for instance something like a total loss of the locker room, then Coughlin will not be the Giants' head coach only when he decides. I think overall Mara is happy with him and I know he was wanted prior to Dan Reeves being hired, but he wanted to stay at Boston College.

Damn, Bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by harrycarson View Post
    One more dream season....i.see him and Eli getting one more title, I really do....next season motto: 1 more time! Eli and Tom and Kevin Gilbride and Snee and tuck, maybe osi, hixon, kp deserve one more...have neen so good together
    Dont get me wrong Id love nothing more, but I dont see this happening. The Giants season next year is not gonna be pretty. They have too many holes, and are relying heavily on young talent. I see this as a rebuilding year, and I know thats not what anyone wants to hear. In2 years tho, the Giants could be back on top for sure, with some good drafting and hopefully some luck with some of our other players and there injuries.

I believe the team won't push him out, he will retire when he wants to retire. He could retire after this year if we go balls to the wall and win another superbowl but I feel he's got a good 2 - 3 years left.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    I'm not sure "near future" means "years" with an s. I wouldn't want to break up the nucleus tho, not next year. Gonna be a Lombardi year for the NYGiants.
    Let's hope
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread