+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keith Rivers

Bench Player

Keith Rivers

I really like Keith Rivers..I know he was hurt this year but looked pretty fast when he played. I think we can sign him for cheap and can help out with our young LB's...did anyone else see this when he played..hoping he's healthy if he signs!

Veteran
    Other than seeing his name mentioned around here, I don't remember anything about him in terms of his play.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsCo View Post
    I really like Keith Rivers..I know he was hurt this year but looked pretty fast when he played. I think we can sign him for cheap and can help out with our young LB's...did anyone else see this when he played..hoping he's healthy if he signs!
    sounds good but the guy is more fragile than a glass slipper. he would have to come cheap, but considering our lackluster LB core I cant see hoe he is not back.

i think Jerry Reese got Rivers for a 7th rounder!

the Giants thought he might pan out and play up to his high pick several years ago!

i think he wouldve but he was injured most of his time here! played well when on the field.

he wont get much more than the vet minimum if he stays here!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    5th rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post

the Giants thought he might pan out and play up to his high pick several years ago!

i think he wouldve but he was injured most of his time here! played well when on the field.

he wont get much more than the vet minimum if he stays here!
    2012 5 th rounder.

i too would like it if he were to stay. when he was on the field, he def. was one of our best lb's. at least imo. he also just was on a diff. level athletically as well...still love that 1 play he caused a fumble by bum rushing the blocker into the ball carrier.

the injury concerns are valid, but at some point i gotta believe he'll put a season together in full...

Seriously I believe our LB court is so bad, we should bring him in. I don't believe we will want the big $$ cause he didn't prove anything, hopefully we cant keep him for a fair deal, and see if he can stay healthy.

Offer him a vet min, with health-based incentives (i.e. if he somehow stays healthy all 16 games or even just 12 of them, get a bonus)... if he goes elsewhere, then don't let him look back.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    Seriously I believe our LB court is so bad, we should bring him in. I don't believe we will want the big $$ cause he didn't prove anything, hopefully we cant keep him for a fair deal, and see if he can stay healthy.
    So how does he help us?? The guy can't stay healthy long enough to count on playing each week
    We Want 5!

+ Reply to Thread