+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keith Rivers

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i too would like it if he were to stay. when he was on the field, he def. was one of our best lb's. at least imo. he also just was on a diff. level athletically as well...still love that 1 play he caused a fumble by bum rushing the blocker into the ball carrier.

the injury concerns are valid, but at some point i gotta believe he'll put a season together in full...
    I believe it speaks more volumes that he'll never play a full season.
    We Want 5!

I remember him making an impact in the beginning of the year, towards the end he was always healthy and even on the field I didn't notice him at all.

The most important ability in the NFL is availability. He misses too much time and was unspectacular when he was out there.

He knows the system now and could be productive, sure he was injured but allot of other guys were injured as well. I wonder if our porous D line had something to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    The most important ability in the NFL is availability. He misses too much time and was unspectacular when he was out there.
    I thought he was the only linebacker who made a couple of plays the whole year. Even in his limited time. He will never be healthy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    I thought he was the only linebacker who made a couple of plays the whole year. Even in his limited time. He will never be healthy though.
    This is 100% correct and for some reason I can't make up my mind on this guy. His history of injury problems showed itself again last year but when he was on the field, he made some plays. No way can you bring him back for anything other than the vet minimum and if they don't bring him back, I wouldn't even be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    5th rounder.
    my bad! if he plays well it would be worth the trade!

He looked so great in the first half against the Cowboys in game #1. I had really high hopes . . . but he just couldn't stay on the field consistently after that.

Only 26, showed signs he could be a serious impact player but can he stay on the field, he will probably come cheap enough to see if he can get it done for 16 games this year.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

the only question about Rivers is his inability to stay healthy, as far as his talent is concerned he is a good LB and worth another shot with the Giants

+ Reply to Thread