+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

A FA says " it would be a dream to play for the Giants"

Per Rotoworld:

Speaking in a Wednesday radio interview, free agent DE Dwight Freeney said playing for the Giants would be a "dream."
    With free agent DE Osi Umenyiora widely expected to move on from New York, the Giants could be on the lookout for veteran pass-rushing depth, but Freeney would have to be amenable to a team-friendly contract. Freeney will surely pursue top dollar before sifting through incentive-laden offers. Freeney says he's being courted by former teammate Peyton Manning in Denver, while Roddy White stumped for Freeney in Atlanta on his Twitter account Wednesday.

I would love to have Dwight Freeney play for us. He would be a solid Vet and fit perfectly into our system.

Would he be willing to take vet minimum?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    Would he be willing to take vet minimum?
    Haha

Freeney is looking for a job and knows the G-Men pay close attention to pass rushers!

personally i think him and Osi are practically the same person from a football standpoint!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    Freeney is looking for a job and knows the G-Men pay close attention to pass rushers!

personally i think him and Osi are practically the same person from a football standpoint!
    This is true. Basically both speed rushers who aren't good against the run.

If this place complained about Osi against the run...

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    If this place complained about Osi against the run...
    1. While there are similarities in there game there is one important difference. ...............Freeney plays all out on every play.

2. There is no way Freeney is coming here. We won't have the cap space to sign a guy like that. He'll probably end up in NE or Atlanta.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Bones911 View Post
    Per Rotoworld:

Speaking in a Wednesday radio interview, free agent DE Dwight Freeney said playing for the Giants would be a "dream."
    With free agent DE Osi Umenyiora widely expected to move on from New York, the Giants could be on the lookout for veteran pass-rushing depth, but Freeney would have to be amenable to a team-friendly contract. Freeney will surely pursue top dollar before sifting through incentive-laden offers. Freeney says he's being courted by former teammate Peyton Manning in Denver, while Roddy White stumped for Freeney in Atlanta on his Twitter account Wednesday.

I would love to have Dwight Freeney play for us. He would be a solid Vet and fit perfectly into our system.
    I would think Freeney would command in the $4-6 million a year range at the least which would put him out of our reach cap wise (unless Reese does some serious finagling).

Nice thought, but I'd assume he'd follow the money.

Veteran
    Holy crap ill pay him. I'll give him my shoes.

I think I would rather take a chance on glenn dorsey in our system, he could come cheap after disappointing in KC, and he would be in his native 4-3 D which he played in college.