+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gabe's Pre-Combine Mock Draft

Gabe's Pre-Combine Mock Draft

1st Round: Sheldon Richardson, DT

I can see a scenario, where the Cowboys go need and take a Guard or Tackle in the first round, and Richardson falls to us. He is considered a Top-10 pick; therefore, it would make a lot of sense to take the BPA.

2nd Round: Xavier Rhodes, CB

I know you guys might think that this is insane, but with the rise of Desmond Trufant and other player like Cyprien, the CB are falling a lot. Jonathan Banks is now predicted to go at the end of the 1st round. I think it would be insane that if Rhodes is available in the beginning of the to noot trade up and possibly get a #1 corner.

3rd Round: Justin Pugh, OT/G

Now what about killing two birds with one stone?! Pugh might have short arms, but he is versatile and can play both OT/G. Pugh would be a great pick for our O-Line

4th Round: Devin Taylor, DE

DE is one of our needs, our pass rush has done nothing in the past year, but no mater what Tuck will start over the rookies. I believe that Devin Taylor has size and fits very well the NASCAR package by playing in the middle, also he will learn behing JPP and TUCK and maybe contribute, after we let Tuck go next year.

5th Round: A.J. Klein, ILB

ILB are not very valued in a 4-3, as we can see even Blackburn can do a solid job. Klein played extremely well in the East-West Shrine game, and can contribute, and even take the role of starter for our team.

6th Round: Shamarko Thomas, S

This is possibly the fastest player in the draft. With the combine he will rise probably to forth round, but who knows. On tape he is a 5-6 round pick. We need depth at S, Kenny might not be coming back and who knows how long we will keep Rolle. Thomas give us good depth and a lot of potential.

7th Round: Dustin Hopkins, K

The giants have now 3 kicker in their roster; therefore, why not get another one?!?! Just kidding, but it seems like the Giants will let Tynes go, and Hopkins would be a nice addition.

Rhodes falling to the second round is about as possible as Minter falling to the second in my mock (which is to say, highly unlikely). But of course, the combine will change everything, making every pre-combine mock a mere thought experiment...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Rhodes falling to the second round is about as possible as Minter falling to the second in my mock (which is to say, highly unlikely).
    Until Minter measures in at 5'11

Yes, I rather Rhodes in the second, than Minter. The CB position is way more valued than the 4-3 MLB. Adding richardson to our DL will already fill up gaps in our run defense. If we add a a solid MLB we will already be addressing the need.

I want Devin Taylor as well.

Rhodes won't be there @ the 19th pick in the second round. Rhodes will probably be the second corner taken after Millner. I'd rather Kawaan Short over Richardson. don't want another marvin austin. Like Devin Taylor in the 4th though.

+ Reply to Thread