+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: Can we trade Osi for Freeney?

  1. #21
    Veteran JPP=BEASTMODE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boise ID
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by wrek537emc View Post
    one guy wants to jump ship n the other guy wants to be on board. Is this trade even possible?
    No

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by wrek537emc View Post
    one guy wants to jump ship n the other guy wants to be on board. Is this trade even possible?
    Osi didnt want to jump ship. The Giants have left him no choice. His playing time was dimished to where no one even notices his talent anymore, and its a real shame. I hope he lights it up with whatever team picks him up, guys been my favorite Giant since Strahan retired.

  3. #23
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I think Freeney has a better chance of landing with the Jets than with the Giants. He's going to be looking for a big payday for two reasons.

    1.) He knows his career end is getting closer and closer and his high performance days are limited

    2.) http://www.indystar.com/viewart/2013...ney-fraud-case
    The Jets are in a worse cap spot than us and have more needs.

  4. #24
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,930
    Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Osi didnt want to jump ship. The Giants have left him no choice. His playing time was dimished to where no one even notices his talent anymore, and its a real shame. I hope he lights it up with whatever team picks him up, guys been my favorite Giant since Strahan retired.
    Or maybe his playing time diminished because one of the top 3 all around DEs took snaps away from a guy who is pass rush specialist. That and Osi wants big money.

  5. #25
    every time we turn around Osi is wanting either a new contract or a pay raise and its gets old because the guy is never satisfied but he was mentored by Strahan who pretty much did the same thing but at least Strahan had the overall talent to back up his worth and Osi is pretty much a one trick poney...

  6. #26
    Why do people continue to answer a question that's already been answered?

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,903
    Why is this still a thread

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Why is this still a thread
    because its the off season and people just want to talk football

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Osi didnt want to jump ship. The Giants have left him no choice. His playing time was dimished to where no one even notices his talent anymore, and its a real shame. I hope he lights it up with whatever team picks him up, guys been my favorite Giant since Strahan retired.
    Don't hold your breath, there is a reason why the coaching staff gave Osi limited snaps, the guy doesn't rush the passer anymore and is a liability in run defense. He is no longer the great edge rusher he once was.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Don't hold your breath, there is a reason why the coaching staff gave Osi limited snaps, the guy doesn't rush the passer anymore and is a liability in run defense. He is no longer the great edge rusher he once was.
    Osi is a much better run stopper than he gets credit for.

    Coughlin and Osi always had a bad relationship, and Im sure there was a lot more going on then what got to the media. I would take Osi over Tuck any day of the week, and twice on Sundays (poor attempt at humor).

    I disagree with some who think Osi lost his pass rushing skills. I think a lot of GMEN fans are going to be upset when they see what we let go.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts