+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Can we trade Osi for Freeney?

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    I didn't have to look too far, checkout the redskins game highlights from december here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPOZ8haVl50. 2nd play in the video, they run to Osi's side, he takes a horrible angle inside and is taken out of the play by a chip block from the FB who releases and blocks someone else while Osi is trying to chase the play down from behind(typical of his play this year). On the Alfred Morris fumble, they ran to his side as well where Osi lost contain. I really would like you to look at the play at 2:32 where Osi is left unblocked, he manages to make it to the backfield untouched then freezes up as the play develops contributing nothing. Thats 3 plays in a 4 minute clip where Osi's terrible run stopping defensive ability can be seen, and this was the first video I looked at to support my argument, and there is a lot more out there.
    LOL, well I cant argue Osi didnt look too impressive here. He bit on that fake hand off bigtime, haha. But in his defense, he was dealing with Trent Williams the whole game. Hes really not half as bad against the run as these forums would lead you to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nlKDo_m694

Hes made plenty of plays against the run too.

Yeh these are highlights from his past, but his ability to play the run has been bashed on these boards for years, and for years I have defended my man Osi, and I will continue to do so
    Last edited by StrahanSoup92; 02-23-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Well i cant wait till we see the same bad play from osi on another team next year and u get your little heart broken. Osi is not even close to what he once was.
    Such haters, haha, its OSI! Sack fumble machine! Cmon, so much negative talk about Osi, sickens me.

His playing time was limited more than ever this last year, plus he was playing a disheartened season after not getting his new contract like he wanted.

Are you going to be heartbroken when he has 10 plus sacks next season?

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    No, I don't expect TC to say good riddens. But he didn't have to go out of his way to say how much he would like to have Osi back.

Can you provide any examples of your claim that TC had a bad relationship with Osi. Like you, I am a big fan of his, and I have never once heard of any issues between them.
    When Coughlin first joined the Giants, Tiki, Osi, and some others didnt like him at all. I tried to dig and find some old excerpts, but I couldnt. Didnt Coughlin also bench Osi a few years back? Osi was not happy about it at all. Honestly since then hes never been an every down DE, because he wasnt allowed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    When Coughlin first joined the Giants, Tiki, Osi, and some others didnt like him at all. I tried to dig and find some old excerpts, but I couldnt. Didnt Coughlin also bench Osi a few years back? Osi was not happy about it at all. Honestly since then hes never been an every down DE, because he wasnt allowed to be.
    I am not sure it was Osi. I think it was Strahan and Tiki who were the "malcontents". I don't think Osi started really talking until about two years ago.

Yeah you're def thinking of Strahan. Stray actually thought he wouldn't finish his career as a Giant because of his feeling towards TC. (Thank God they figured out how to get along). Osi was only a kid when TC got here. But you were right he was benched in 2009 while Bill Sheriden was here. It's no secret that Osi and Sheriden didn't see eye to eye. But then he regained his starting role in 2010 under Fewell and that's when he had 10 strip sacks.

Veteran
    He was benched in 09 by sheridan. Afterwards he set the record for strip sacks in a season. And then. This season he couldn't get to the qb at all

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    He was benched in 09 by sheridan. Afterwards he set the record for strip sacks in a season. And then. This season he couldn't get to the qb at all
    He got to the QB just as much as JPP and more than Tuck. Oh yeah, as a part time player.

Banned
    It wouldn't surprise me if NE Patriots signed both Freeney and Osi for real cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if NE Patriots signed both Freeney and Osi for real cheap.
    i know. BB is good at that
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Banned
    LOL, well I cant argue Osi didnt look too impressive here. He bit on that fake hand off bigtime, haha. But in his defense, he was dealing with Trent Williams the whole game. Hes really not half as bad against the run as these forums would lead you to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nlKDo_m694

Hes made plenty of plays against the run too.

Yeh these are highlights from his past, but his ability to play the run has been bashed on these boards for years, and for years I have defended my man Osi, and I will continue to do so
    Cmon man you are going to use a career highlight reel to support your claim that Osi is a good run defender? Keep supporting him till your heart is content but I think I made my case here lol.

+ Reply to Thread