+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Can we trade Osi for Freeney?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Osi didnt want to jump ship. The Giants have left him no choice. His playing time was dimished to where no one even notices his talent anymore, and its a real shame. I hope he lights it up with whatever team picks him up, guys been my favorite Giant since Strahan retired.
    He was a favorite of mine for years also. Now is the time to say: "Fare thee well, Osi", and remember his past contributions.

Banned
    Osi is a much better run stopper than he gets credit for.

Coughlin and Osi always had a bad relationship, and Im sure there was a lot more going on then what got to the media. I would take Osi over Tuck any day of the week, and twice on Sundays (poor attempt at humor).

I disagree with some who think Osi lost his pass rushing skills. I think a lot of GMEN fans are going to be upset when they see what we let go.
    How is he a good run stopper? Teams would specifically target him and run at him because he was so horrible in run defense. Even when he went unblocked most of the time he would not make the play and contain the edge. I think he may be able to help a team but he has to stop over running plays and he is not starter material anymore imo.

Coughlin and Osi always had a bad relationship, and Im sure there was a lot more going on then what got to the media. I would take Osi over Tuck any day of the week, and twice on Sundays (poor attempt at humor).

I disagree with some who think Osi lost his pass rushing skills. I think a lot of GMEN fans are going to be upset when they see what we let go.
    There was absolutely never an issue with Coughlin and Osi. Coughlin has already said that if its possible he would love to have Osi back. Your statement is completely untrue.

Other than Reese, the only person Osi ever had an issue with was Sheridan.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    There was absolutely never an issue with Coughlin and Osi. Coughlin has already said that if its possible he would love to have Osi back. Your statement is completely untrue.

Other than Reese, the only person Osi ever had an issue with was Sheridan.
    What do you expect Coughlin to say, good riddens?

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    How is he a good run stopper? Teams would specifically target him and run at him because he was so horrible in run defense. Even when he went unblocked most of the time he would not make the play and contain the edge. I think he may be able to help a team but he has to stop over running plays and he is not starter material anymore imo.
    I couldnt disagree more. These Giants fan forums is the only place that criticizes Osi's run defense. Ive never seen a team deliberately targeting him, or running his way, never. I have every Giants game on tape (probably shouldnt have said that) so I invite you to please tell me when he was targetted and ran all over like you are saying, cause I never saw anything like that, in Osi's entire career.

What do you expect Coughlin to say, good riddens?
    No, I don't expect TC to say good riddens. But he didn't have to go out of his way to say how much he would like to have Osi back.

Can you provide any examples of your claim that TC had a bad relationship with Osi. Like you, I am a big fan of his, and I have never once heard of any issues between them.

Banned
    I couldnt disagree more. These Giants fan forums is the only place that criticizes Osi's run defense. Ive never seen a team deliberately targeting him, or running his way, never. I have every Giants game on tape (probably shouldnt have said that) so I invite you to please tell me when he was targetted and ran all over like you are saying, cause I never saw anything like that, in Osi's entire career.
    I didn't have to look too far, checkout the redskins game highlights from december here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPOZ8haVl50. 2nd play in the video, they run to Osi's side, he takes a horrible angle inside and is taken out of the play by a chip block from the FB who releases and blocks someone else while Osi is trying to chase the play down from behind(typical of his play this year). On the Alfred Morris fumble, they ran to his side as well where Osi lost contain. I really would like you to look at the play at 2:32 where Osi is left unblocked, he manages to make it to the backfield untouched then freezes up as the play develops contributing nothing. Thats 3 plays in a 4 minute clip where Osi's terrible run stopping defensive ability can be seen, and this was the first video I looked at to support my argument, and there is a lot more out there.

Well i cant wait till we see the same bad play from osi on another team next year and u get your little heart broken. Osi is not even close to what he once was.

why? He won't contribute much to the team and his salary will be far greater than we can afford. I'd rather go with JPP, Tuck, Kiwi, Ojomo, Tracey and a drafted kid

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    I didn't have to look too far, checkout the redskins game highlights from december here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPOZ8haVl50. 2nd play in the video, they run to Osi's side, he takes a horrible angle inside and is taken out of the play by a chip block from the FB who releases and blocks someone else while Osi is trying to chase the play down from behind(typical of his play this year). On the Alfred Morris fumble, they ran to his side as well where Osi lost contain. I really would like you to look at the play at 2:32 where Osi is left unblocked, he manages to make it to the backfield untouched then freezes up as the play develops contributing nothing. Thats 3 plays in a 4 minute clip where Osi's terrible run stopping defensive ability can be seen, and this was the first video I looked at to support my argument, and there is a lot more out there.
    So the game you are going to choose to show Osi's run defense is a Redskin game. They won the division this year based on fooling defensive lines with that scheme. It happens to the best against them.. Look at the 1:30 mark of the video. JPP gets fooled so bad, chasing the RB up the middle when he doesnt even have the ball, leaving the whole side of the field open for RG3.

+ Reply to Thread