+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will The Giants Be Able To Keep Both Hakeem Nicks & Victor Cruz?

Lets say the Giants slap a 1 year tender on Cruz or even re-sign Cruz to a long term contract, Nicks contract is up next year.

Will The Giants Be Able To Keep Both?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Veteran
    Unless either one takes a paycut, probably not.. especially one of them is seeking top 5 WR money

Veteran
    Surely hope we can keep both. Not saying there is no one out there to fill one or the others shoes.

Re Sign Cruz, he's a rare local talent. I'd let Hakeem seek big money elsewhere..Great Receiver, just too injury prone

Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    Lets say the Giants slap a 1 year tender on Cruz or even re-sign Cruz to a long term contract, Nicks contract is up next year.

Will The Giants Be Able To Keep Both?
    They want to, it depends on both Nicks and Cruz after 2013. Cruz will be tendered in 2013 and will almost certainly play here. Nicks may extend his contract coming off a sub-par season or he may prefer to put in a solid performance in 2013 and negotiate with more leverage in 2014.

They could also sign them both to long term deals now if one agrees to a back loaded contract with a little bit more guaranteed money.

We'll know by March 4th if they have to tender Cruz.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    They want to, it depends on both Nicks and Cruz after 2013. Cruz will be tendered in 2013 and will almost certainly play here. Nicks may extend his contract coming off a sub-par season or he may prefer to put in a solid performance in 2013 and negotiate with more leverage in 2014.

They could also sign them both to long term deals now if one agrees to a back loaded contract with a little bit more guaranteed money.

We'll know by March 4th if they have to tender Cruz.
    I'm really hoping that both players will be a little flexible to allow them to play together. Both have said how much better they make each other, and winning in NY, they can easily make up for a bit less salary. If both demand top dollar, which I think they can get, it will be quite prohibitive for the Giants to keep both. I got my fingers crossed!!

it may be cruz feels he deserves at least as big a contract as nicks. if u go by the last 2 seasons, and compare the 2 in a vacuum, cruz actually has been the more consistent contributor.

that said, it may be just cruz and his agent feel this way, and the FO weighs the signing of nicks more heavily...im just hoping we can keep both. and if we cant for some reason, we get just, fair compensation (1rst rd pick). I was actually going through situations on like, how i'd be able to accept losing cruz. some of the scenarios that id be cool with losing cruz; we are able to draft both Warmack and Fisher/Johnson, we are able to draft both Mingo and Ogeltree...any scenario where we'd get 2 of those 4 players in this draft and i wouldnt hate losing cruz bc it means we either solidify our OL in which Eli can make JJ look comparable to Cruz or we improve our D with 2 amazing athletes...

All-Pro
    This was the topic of several other threads in past few weeks. I just don't see how they can. They have to shed major contracts and make themselves weak in other areas just to he able to resign those two. Like to start with they'd have to CUT DD, Cweb, KP. Not resign Bennett. Prob cut Hixon and a few others
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    And that's just to start

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro
    Oh and a bit part of those other threads was Eli approaching the team to take less money over next 3 and add a few more yrs with very little new guaranteed money

4-New York Giants!!!!!