+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

my pre combine pre free agency mock draft

go easy on me this is only my 2nd time ever doing a mock draft... here we go

rd 1 DJ Flucker OT Alabama
    rd2 Tyler Eifert TE ND (if available) if not DE Sam Montgomery LSU
    rd3 Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
    rd4 AJ Klein ILB Iowa State
    rd5 Jordan Hill DT Pennstate
    rd6 Zeke Motta S ND
    rd6 depends what we do rd2 if we draft Eifert then pick is David Bass DE Missouri Western if we take Sam Mongomery then the pick is Micahel Williams TE Alabama
    rd7 Dustin Hopkins K Florida State
    Last edited by ryan12; 02-21-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Fluker very well could be the pick at #19.. but I don't like it.. the rest looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Fluker very well could be the pick at #19.. but I don't like it.. the rest looks good
    fluker is a beast its a need and might be bpa at #19
    FUTURE NFL STAR

I'm KIND OF with you on that. I think there's a lot to like about Planet Fluker, but a few things that concern me as well... more concerns than I want with a first round OT. I like him against the run and against bigger DEs. Once he gets his hands on you, he's extremely effective. I like the way he attacks the point of impact but against speed rushers, he could (and probably would) struggle big time. I do like that he improved a lot as the season went in regards to his pass protection and I like the coaching he comes from (Saban and Stoutland). Our running game would instantly improve with him. The dude is MASSIVE too.

is a RT at #19 a reach..? a guy who is not great at pass protection..

Not crazy about the first or second picks which kills this mock for me.

The rest of the mock looks solid to me although I'd probably pick a DT sooner.

he dropped 20 pounds since senior bowl my guess is to get better with pass protection
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Perhaps.. if he wasn't as good as he is against the run.. Which is why I would take him. I can't even recall the last OT I've seen that is on his level of run blocking. He showed improvement against the pass but definitely still a bit of weakness at this point (against speed rushers that is)... but hey, if he was also great against the pass he'd be gone before he got to us right?
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 02-21-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    Perhaps.. if he wasn't as good as he is against the run.. Which is why I would take him. I can't even recall the last OT I've seen that is on his level of run blocking. He showed improvement against the pass but definitely still a bit of weakness at this point (against speed rushers that is)... but hey, if he was also great against the pass he'd be gone before he got to us right?
    agreed if we draft him we have a great rt... i think he would start immediately
    FUTURE NFL STAR

i updated and added 2nd 6th rounder we get from losing Aaron Ross
    FUTURE NFL STAR