+ Reply to Thread

2013 NFL Combine: Giants' Coach Tom Coughlin To Speak Friday

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-...eese-manti-teo

Excerpt: "New York Gaints' head coach Tom Coughlin will speak to the media Friday at the 2013 NFL combine. His press conference is scheduled for 12:15 p.m. EST. General manager Jerry Reese will hold his media session Saturday at 10 a.m.

Here is a look at what else is going on at the combine.
    Today's Events

Quarterbacks, wide receivers and running backs will be weighed and measured today along with doing media interviews. Defensive linemen and linebackers -- who we know are of interest to Giants' fans -- arrive in Indianapolis today.

In The Crosshairs: Manti Te'o

The arrival of linebackers means the Manti Te'o show will hit Indy. The Giants pick 19th, happen to need a middle linebacker, and Te'o -- despite the girlfriend hoax -- is considered to be right in that range. He will be the star of the show for the next couple of days, and how he handles the scrutiny will go a long way toward determining where he winds up on draft day.

On-field Workouts

These begin on Saturday. NFL Network will carry them live beginning at 9 a.m. EST. Here is the breakdown:
    • Saturday, Feb. 23: Tight ends, offensive linemen, special teams
    • Sunday, Feb. 24: Quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers
    • Monday, Feb. 25: Defensive linemen, linebackers
    • Tuesday, Feb. 26: Defensive backs" Read more...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-22-2013 at 10:13 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I hope not. I'm predicting a big NFL bust. The guy doesn't even show up for the biggest game of his life! It's not like ND played powerhouses all year.

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    I hope not. I'm predicting a big NFL bust. The guy doesn't even show up for the biggest game of his life! It's not like ND played powerhouses all year.
    it's really hard to say, I mean Alabama specifically schemed against him in the NC game. up until that point he was a top 10 lock. I dunno about this one, ogeltree could be another to watch for. jerry loves him some BPA and more importantly, value. if ogeltree were there at 19 he could be the best player available, does he pass on a position of dire need? we will see. just throwing it out there.

Id be fine with Te'o, but Id be even happier trading up a bit and getting Ogletree, oh nothing would make me happier.

Ogletree has issues that can be deemed much more serious the Te'o's. I think he will also be facing some really tough questions, and may have turned off a number of GM's already, despite his play.