+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: 2013 NFL SCOUTING COMBINE THREAD...

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Hmm so now the question is how far back does the height push Shamarko back on the draft board? Could we get him in the mid 3rd? There's a ton of players I want in the late 2nd to mid 3rd range in this draft. I'd be content if we had like 5 3rd rounders for this draft lol.
    Not even kidding.. I'd been saying this for 2months that this more then other yrs is a great yr to figure out how to stack picks.. I been saying the talent in the 3rd rd range is arguable as good as some of these guys going in the 1st range... Theres just so many closley grouped talents out there this yr..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I see a couple guys i love Darius Slay and Jamar Taylor killed it? I only got to read about it.. So, they looked good according to there numbers? Also, i like Xavier Rhodes and Desmond Trufant who both did well.. I think TJ McDonald made some money this week as well...
    nyc, Slay looked much better than Banks today. Banks better do better on his pro day. Trufant and Rhodes did good. Steve Williams pushed CJ's 40 time for a little while, till the official times came in. Im still not a fan of those electronic times, they are way off to some of the hand times the passed few years.

Anyway, I would have to say that both UConn CBs, Gratz and Wreh-Wilson performed well too. I would not mind either one of them to be on the Giants radar.
    Last edited by tonyt830; 02-26-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

All-Pro
    Yea they were mentioning that they were impressed with all the kids skills that came out of Connecticut.. Impressive for a program that hasn't even been around ten years yet I don't think
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    Well maybe I'm wrong. According to their site they have had a team since 1896 and D1 since 2000. Maybe i am thinking they never had their own stadium and played elsewhere for home games until recently. Hey im old give me a break...
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

slightly off topic, but was anyone else impressed with how sanders ran a 40 virtually sideways trying to cheer eisen on in 6.03...in the other attempt, deon kept up with him the first 20 yds in a back pedal for gods sake and then he turned his hips better than any db i seen today lmfao and cheer eison on...i bet sanders would still be an above avg cover corner no joke...esp. with all the new rules taking the physicality out of it to a large degree on the D side...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    slightly off topic, but was anyone else impressed with how sanders ran a 40 virtually sideways trying to cheer eisen on in 6.03...in the other attempt, deon kept up with him the first 20 yds in a back pedal for gods sake and then he turned his hips better than any db i seen today lmfao and cheer eison on...i bet sanders would still be an above avg cover corner no joke...esp. with all the new rules taking the physicality out of it to a large degree on the D side...
    Sanders used to run a 4.5 in his back peddle. Just a total freak

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Sanders used to run a 4.5 in his back peddle. Just a total freak
    i believe it man. honestly, if he were coming out tomorrow and declaring for the draft, hes prob a 3rd rd pick at worst lmao nah just playin but its fun to think about...

but i thought it was funny, turns out in the end sandcastle was his last name for the fake dude? turns out he did wow scouts bc i honestly was more impressed watching his footwork in the back pedal, than watch him turn his hips...did u see that? i know i can focus on miniscule things and blow it out of proportion (manny lawson similar measurements to LT remember that one lol) but i dunno, after watching the draft class db's all day, i cant say i saw one back pedal and turn the hips as smoothly/fluidly as deon did...
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 02-27-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Not even kidding.. I'd been saying this for 2months that this more then other yrs is a great yr to figure out how to stack picks.. I been saying the talent in the 3rd rd range is arguable as good as some of these guys going in the 1st range... Theres just so many closley grouped talents out there this yr..
    I completely agree with this. As I told my friend there Enigma in his mock the 2nd-4th rounds are the money rounds. Only a select few have separated themselves as first round guys, couple that with the occasional run on QB's and the mid rounds become a mining field. I am a big fan of trading back as much as possible in the first for extra picks or out of the first depending on the first 10 picks.

+ Reply to Thread