+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Although in systems where you get almost all the carries its easier to do......
    yeah and we know how Shanahan can work wonders with any RB it seems. But like you said, systems vary, you can factor in how healthy that RB stays, and how well the O-line plays. I know our O-line has protected Eli in the pass game for the most part, they have not been much to write home about in the run game.

I know Martin and Morris looked great as rookies, I have a feeling that most of us fans will not be disappointed in Wilson's production. I believe Wilson has a high ceiling in this league.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    yeah and we know how Shanahan can work wonders with any RB it seems. But like you said, systems vary, you can factor in how healthy that RB stays, and how well the O-line plays. I know our O-line has protected Eli in the pass game for the most part, they have not been much to write home about in the run game.I know Martin and Morris looked great as rookies, I have a feeling that most of us fans will not be disappointed in Wilson's production. I believe Wilson has a high ceiling in this league.
    i am hoping the combo of Wilson and brown will allow them both to excel like AB1 and BJ once did together
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    I'm going to take Ertz out of the equation because he has absolutey no chance of going in the first....
    As for Eifert he is noticeably smaller then Gronk
    Combine measurements
    Gronk- 6'6", 264, 34 1/4 arms, 10 3/4 hands,
    Eifert- 6'5", 250, 33 1/8, 9 1/8

Also with Eiferts official 40 time of 4.68 he doesn't seem to match up athletically with some of the more athletic 1st TE's of recent history (Vernon Davis, Greg Olsen, Dustin Keller). Truth be told we've only had 1 first round TE the past 3 seasons, so I stand by my original assessment that there is no TE in this years class worth a first round pick.

Its not like Eifert lit it up on the field either, he had 0 hundred yard games and just 4 TD's last season
    I can respect and agree with your assessment to a point juice. But in fairness to Eifert's numbers in his senior year, he was double teamed moreso than his previous campaigns.

Vernon Davis was just a freak--he lit up the combine and has turned out to be a very good TE and not just some workout warrior.

Whether, you, me or any other fan agree on if a TE is worthy to get drafted in the 1st rd this year, all that matters is what a teams GM thinks.

Edit: The TE position has become more valuable over the past several years with a lot of teams and the offensive schemes they like to run. Its kind of like the FB position, how you dont find too many big, strong blocking bruisers to pave the way for the HB like we used to see in years past
    Last edited by tonyt830; 02-24-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Why do some analyst have us taking a TE in the first?
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Because they don't understand the Giants offensive system. No TE in this draft is worth a top 20 selection imo. MAYBE end of the 1st round but that's it.

i am hoping the combo of Wilson and brown will allow them both to excel like AB1 and BJ once did together
    I agree miked, in todays NFL it is important to have a good combo, 2 or 3, RBs, to carry the load. We all know how short of a shelf life RBs have to begin with.

I am not against the Giants bringing in another RB, via the draft, to compete for a 3rd RB position. I have nothing against Scott, but he is no lock to make the final 53, in my opinion. But we have other areas that need to be addressed earlier. I think we can find a decent RB like I mentioned above, in the later rds.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    i saw that to... No way that happens.. Oline or LB for sure in 1st
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Because they don't understand the Giants offensive system. No TE in this draft is worth a top 20 selection imo. MAYBE end of the 1st round but that's it.
    ahh I think its a crap shoot with some of these mock drafts, even those put out by the "experts" or analysts. Maybe they are thinking that the Giants wont be able to re-sign Bennett. And probably some of them dont know much about Pascoe or the development of Robinson from last year.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Because they don't understand the Giants offensive system.
    That the TE is a huge part of what the giants do?

i saw that to... No way that happens.. Oline or LB for sure in 1st
    I think the only positions that I am confident the Giants won draft in rd 1 would be QB(obvious), RB, P or K(we are not the Raiders--LOL). I would rank TE up there maybe, but I would not be shocked 100%, compared to the other positions I listed. I would love to see the O-line, CB, DT and LB positions addressed in the top 3 rds.

But a lot could change between now and after the FA signing period starts on March 12th. Maybe a month or so from now, it could be a little clearer, or yet maybe more cloudy--LOL!!
    --sharick88