+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Domenik Hixon Wants To Return To Giants: Two Sides Will Meet At NFL Combine

Domenik Hixon Wants To Return To Giants: Two Sides Will Meet At NFL Combine

http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/21/...t-nfl-combine/

Excerpt: "Wide receiver Domenik Hixon would like to return to the New York Giants in 2013, his agent, Eric Metz, told the New York Post on Wednesday. In order to help facilitate that, Metz said he will meet with members of the Giants this weekend in Indianapolis at the NFL Combine.

Initially signed as a special teams ace in 2007, Hixon quickly developed into a quality asset for the Big Blue offense. He established a rapport with quarterback Eli Manning and eventually catapulted himself up the wide receiver depth chart.Unfortunately, a torn ACL forced Hixon to miss the entire 2010 season, and a re-torn ACL resulted in him missing 14 games in 2011.

Perseverance was the key, and Hixon return to health and the field in 2012, hauling in 39 passes for 567 yards and two touchdowns. And, as usual, he was highly underrated by media and fans alike, despite being one of Manning's most trusted go-t targets." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Love Hixon, but I think we should start diminishing his role for our team if he is resigned.

ro must be excited about this
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 9 games

22 rushes for 245yards 3td
    35 pancake blocks
    42 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    8-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season

I think Hixon played great this past season after missing 2 whole years of football. I think he is worth bringing back for the right price.

All-Pro
    He might be the only guy that really does stay for the team and not for a few dollars more.

I'm not sure if we'll bring him back or not but if we do, I would assume him and Randle will compete for that 3rd WR position.

I'd like to see Hixon go back on returns if they take those duties away from Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by teaneck View Post
    Love Hixon, but I think we should start diminishing his role for our team if he is resigned.
    Why would you want to do that? In 2012, of team receivers who were targeted at least 50 times, Hixon has the best completion percentage at 66%, followed by Cruz at 60%, Bennett at 61%, and Nicks at 53%. He is also a significant special teams contributor.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Why would you want to do that? In 2012, of team receivers who were targeted at least 50 times, Hixon has the best completion percentage at 66%, followed by Cruz at 60%, Bennett at 61%, and Nicks at 53%. He is also a significant special teams contributor.
    He rarely drops the ball and probably would have had a few more TD's if Eli could learn to hit him in stride for once! Seems like he never gets an easy catch.

let him compete for the right $$
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

When healthy, he's a damn good #3 and a great #4. Plus he can contribute on ST if needed. I'd be happy to have him back.

+ Reply to Thread