http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...es-hip-surgery

Excerpt: "Chris Snee underwent surgery on his hip as planned earlier this week according to sources.

The right guard planned to have surgery on his ailing hip a few weeks after the Pro Bowl. Snee played with pain in his hip toward the end of the season but could not pass up on an opportunity to play in the Pro Bowl. He said his injury had "quieted down" enough after the season for him to play but he still required surgery for this upcoming season.

Snee, who recently turned 31, will be entering his 10th season and has missed only six starts in his career. Snee recently told Giants.com that he and his wife, Kate, have been contemplating his future.

"It started after the Super Bowl last year," Snee said last month. "That was when I physically felt shot. I said, 'If I went through that again, I would be done.' This year, it was just the hip; I got rolled up on. It was actually someone falling onto the back of my leg that did the damage. Other than that, I kept myself in great shape and, physically, I felt better than I have in two or three years. " Read more...