+ Reply to Thread

Who hopes we trade down with our pick in April?

I know its a longshot with JR....but still we can always be hopeful!

Hard to say until we know what pick we have, who may be available there and later, etc. . .. .

Depends on where we select on who is available at that time. If the best player available is a QB and a team needs one and would be willing to give us extra picks, then yes we should trade down.

Every recent year we have people who want to trade down for gobs of picks and every year I have argued we aren't in the situation of a team that is likely to trade back.

But, this year we are....

We have a lot of roster spots that are going to be open, we have a lot of spots that need more competition, we have a dire need for special teams players, and lastly 1 of our biggest team needs is interior Oline and often those positions aren't coveted early in the draft where we are picking. So it is possible we trade back in the 1st and still address the problem while picking up other picks.

That said, the problem I see with most "trade back" theories is that they completely neglect the other half of the equation. Who will be our trade partner and will this be ok with them. Trade scenarios are hard for me to imagine because they require 2 consenting partners and that just adds that extra layer of possibilities making it that much harder to predict.

Lastly, I think to trade back we need to address TCs reluctance to play Rookies. If TC isn't going to play guys significantly until their 3rd year, which has been the case with a huge majority of players drafted during his tenure, then trading back is basically going into rebuild mode.

I would like to trade back and get dennard in the first and hopefully snag another second, probably late second and grab Coleman (assuming his shoulder didn't get hurt too badly yesterday) or Jenkins in conjunction with an nfl ready guard. Then in the third we can take bpa in the remaining areas of need. But honestly, everything depends on how fa plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    I know its a longshot with JR....but still we can always be hopeful!
    If we have a top ten picks it wouldn't be a bad idea to stockpile picks like patriots do
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    I would like to trade back and get dennard in the first and hopefully snag another second, probably late second and grab Coleman (assuming his shoulder didn't get hurt too badly yesterday) or Jenkins in conjunction with an nfl ready guard. Then in the third we can take bpa in the remaining areas of need. But honestly, everything depends on how fa plays out.
    I would like Dennard as well, that being said he will not last if we are picking after 14th.

I'm all in. I think we need to address multiple areas, most glaring being OL, and getting a couple extra picks could help. One position I'm really starting to think would be a huge help would be a big athletic TE. Defenses would then need to account for the middle of the field taking pressure off our WRs and possibly opening running lanes.

The TE from UNC would be a great pick in the middle of the first.
    JR....do it, do it!

1- Eric Ebron- TE
    2- Gabe Jackson- OG
    3- Weston Richburg/Marcus Martin- C
    4- Antonio Richardson- OT
    5a- Anthony Johnson- DT
    5b- Marqueston Huff- FS
    6- Aaron Lynch- DE

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    If we have a top ten picks it wouldn't be a bad idea to stockpile picks like patriots do
    2009 we had those extra picks (extra 2nd,3rd,5th I think) and it was one of our worse.......I'll take the more Elite player opposed to a extra mid round bum

Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    I'm all in. I think we need to address multiple areas, most glaring being OL, and getting a couple extra picks could help. One position I'm really starting to think would be a huge help would be a big athletic TE. Defenses would then need to account for the middle of the field taking pressure off our WRs and possibly opening running lanes.

The TE from UNC would be a great pick in the middle of the first.
    He is a weak blocker tho.